Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

Alright, chat: what’re the bets on “asserting that he’s staying” vs. “stepping away”?

1 Like

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/18/us/politics/biden-election-drop-out.html

based exclusively on this headline he is stepping away

i will read the article

If he doesn’t endorse Kamala and the party doesn’t rally behind her quickly we’re so cooked lol

Many other Democrats more distant from the White House said expectations were rising within the party that the president would soon relent, a shift from just days ago when many were in despair about changing his mind. But there was also caution about reading signs from a president with an exceedingly small circle of confidants.

its probably impossible to determine what, exactly, it is before it happens
but i really really hope it is him dropping out of the race, especially given the fact that he just. can’t beat trump, unless things change very dramatically and very fast, basically
i don’t know that Kamala Harris could either, though, so i am also kinda hoping he endorses nobody and lets the democratic primary play out :wowee: but this is unlikely. also that could result in disastrous consequences and in Some Guy being the candidate and trump winning even harder so i probably shouldn’t hope for that.

either way harris probably has a better campaign than biden simply by virtue of being 20 years younger than him. here’s to hoping she has better policies, too (unlikely from what i’ve heard but). idk if she would Still be able to beat trump but. better odds than biden, probably

yea

i wish someone would have challenged him at the primary level before all of this went down

bit late to change that, though.

IMG_3838
Chesed’s mug is really shitty

What’s going on with it

I wonder if he “contracted” corona-19 or he contracted corona-19.

1 Like

?

Silviu is wondering if the illness is fake and an excuse

1 Like

oh naw i doubt that

1 Like

My conspiracy here is that maybe

This is his escape

2 Likes

shrugze
it doesn’t really matter as long as he doesn’t die from it

wait kamala could be first us woman president? :flushed:

this is a good sign, at least

its about 6 in 10 but like. i think a lot more democrats would vote for her than that simply because of the threat of trump