Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

Ngl I think this actually an L as progressive candidates tend to do really well generally. Obama ran as a progressive (despite becoming more of a neolib once elected) and he handily won the primary and general election. Fetterman ran a very progressive campaign and won. The DNC has tried primarying members of the progressive caucus of the House more than once and have gotten smashed.

3 Likes

That most people feel neutral to negative about her with very few outright positive

1 Like

sure but like if you try to get aoc or similar elected president that’s prolly not gonna work out lol

1 Like

people feel positive about her now! (having a pulse and not being a fascist is unfortunately enough to be a positive in this political hellscape)

2 Likes

that being said she did play among us that one time so maybe she can twitch stream her way to the presidency who knows

1 Like

I feel more positive about her than the alternative

1 Like

My opinion regarding Kamala being the obvious choice right now as doing anything else is going to turn off the sizable black portion of the dem base and the rest of the Kamala supporter base.

1 Like

My genuine, honest-to-God hope after the attempt on Trump’s life is that he would look at himself in a mirror, be like “damn I really almost died but I’m still here - maybe I should reprioritize things in light of this to maybe sow less division” and that mostly hasn’t happened :(

Again, maybe the best world is one where we all get what we’re hoping for

Harris/Whitmer 2024 baybee let’s fucking go

1 Like

it’s a rich old man in a position of power he was always gonna use it to boost himself

1 Like

unironically would be a hype af tocket

1 Like

sometimes people meaningfully change when they’re inches from death

1 Like

The American public elected Barack Hussein Obama who again ran a very progressive campaign and crushed. I don’t actually know why AOC couldn’t once she’s 35.

hell I’ve seen it happen to a middle schooler

1 Like

wait what

kid turned his personality way tf around

1 Like

went from kinda dickish to extremely nice

1 Like

no like
inches from death?

cancer not bullet but similar idea