Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

tl;dr:
let’s just call it “mormon succession”
mormon leadership basically has three layers:
“the quorum of the seventy” (who are mostly unimportant except for local affairs)
the “twelve apostles” (who are actually semi important and give speeches every general conference (twice every year event in which that is the only thing that happens))
and the “first presidency” (the seniorest (most time spent as an postle) apostle, known as “the prophet” who gets 2 other guys from the apostles to join him. there’s actually 15 apostles but ssshhh)

the twelve apostles are all really old probably white guys
whenever one of them dies the first presidency (or the whole group i forgor) select a new guy, probably from the seventy but not always
that’s basically it

1 Like

very racist. big apartheid fan. allied with hitler over hating the british. there’s other stuff

2 Likes

why the hell god “calls” prophets by. seniority is beyond me

(its because its not god at all and is instead enforcing power structures)

1 Like

most normal foler behavior

3 Likes

imitates the rap laughter

1 Like

also this is so real

i was exaggerating i have a mental idea. its hard not to build an idea of what someone likes in a post when the data is always there and rewards my brain for seeing

1 Like

despite the homophobic document literally existing at all, the mormon leaders always preach they they actually “love gay people” and then they turn around and attempt to remove their rights and happiness

for example, eliza likes nearly all posts, unless theyre made by [REDACTED] and of course if eliza disagrees with the method of a post.

2 Likes

may likes nearly any post about him or his friends

1 Like

Yeahhhh, it’s just as beguin says

many mormons are extremely gullible when it comes to the leaders (i mean, they were taught from a young age to “follow the prophet” and other such religious indoctrinations) so they think they are actually loving gay people by taking away their rights

also, fun fact! the prophet is infalliable except for when he isn’t. mormons are always like “the prophet is still human” and then take his words as if they are words from God, which are totally not contradictory views
basically he’s infalliable until its revealed that he made a mistake

oh also the apostles are exclusively men

2 Likes

remember when i dated a mormon

3 Likes

barely

saaaame

one of the best things in mafia is seeing people talking about me andmaking cases and reads it’s fun

2 Likes

Follow the prophet who “whispers” God

1 Like

God softly whispers into the prophet’s ear: “Trump 2020”, but truly God was only testing the waters

2 Likes

What posts do I like

1 Like

i dont know what drives atlas but she generally likes posts that are phrased in a kind manner (i don’t specify kindness exactly because a kindly phrased post that is telling you to drink so much alcohol would still get a like) significantly more than other kinds of posts

1 Like

bestie you arent here

1 Like