Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

1 Like

i mean duh

4 Likes

HEY!

yep

my grandma just came over to help me sort my misc clothes into actual matching outfits
this part was actually kinda helpful
but the things she said while doing so were. not

tw transphobia in a weird way

she kept going on about how you need to look good because when you walk into a room you want people to think you look like you know what you’re doing or whatever
and I’m like. “what if I want to wear what makes me comfortable” (I did not actually say this but)
and also in the middle she said something about how UTAH HAS THE BEST LAWS and I told her “Utah banned my healthcare”
and she was like “WELL SOMETIMES IN LIFE YOU NEED TO WAIT IVE SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE WAITING” or smth so I told her that “and people are dying because of these laws” and she said “well that’s just the way it is”
and I really wanted to say “these are extremely preventable deaths, it shouldn’t be this way and it is rhetoric like this that causes these extremely preventable deaths”
but I didn’t so we stopped talking about that

and then at the end she was like “I need you to promise me that you will wait (referring to the above) and that you will try to look good [for other people]” I told her that I couldn’t promise I would wait (and I promised the other thing but it’s a promise I’m definitely not committed to keeping)

(simplified version)

truly we live in a society

i knew she was a committed republican but i thought she at least was ok on trans issues :joy_cat:

Wait i might be dumb how is that transphobia

1 Like

bestie.

1 Like

uuuuuuh

one sec ill explain

Isnt healthcare like doctors and saving ppl’s lives with medicine and stuff

1 Like

yes that’s what they’re doing

she is advocating that people need to wait to get hrt until they’re 18 because they just can’t know until they’re 18 (or some other logic)
which is the law in many US states
except that’s. the transphobic law
and it kills people!

1 Like

i think she explicitly said the logic i mentinoned but not sure

Like my only thought was maybe this is abortion related but idk how it connects

well both of them are the right to bodily autonomy but

1 Like

Holy fuck I hate acronyms, hormone something

and I only got that cuz context :sob:

horomone replacement therapy

its healthcare that is deemed medically necessary by literally every major medical organization i think

1 Like