Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

is relocating yourself to a field not an option

Your computer should be able to tell you if you check the device properties.

1 Like

computer? as in the ok one?

1 Like

only if it’s a minefield

the current location is more convenient for both of my roommates so it feels like it would be a dick move to be like “heyyyy can we move the router for me?”

(relevant context is that it was flaky but usable from my room until a couple days ago, it got notably worse very recently. It still works fine from the living room so I don’t think it’s like, completely broken or anything)

2 Likes

yeah I checked on my phone (Android) and could see the frequency by clicking the gear next to the WiFi network. My home network uses a 6 GHz frequency band. Neat.

“Network band”?

They would probably understand if you asked to move it to a position that makes it usable for you as long as it’s still usable for them

1 Like

… theoretically i believe

1 Like

Yep. You’ll want to get one that supports 5 GHz which is going to be a low bar at this point.

girl you just shared an anecdote about being unable to tell a shop clerk that your phone, which you needed to pay, was about to die.

2 Likes

bow

lili

can u tell me a bed time story

really silly follow-up question: the pictures I see on Amazon of WiFi repeaters mostly show repeaters that look like |o| with two little arms sticking up, but the outlets in my apartment are all sideways. is that going to mess anything up?

you got it, sis

2 Likes

all should be good. mine is sideways

(there’s also not a great alternative location, there’s a hallway outlet that I can use for a repeater but if we used it for the actual WiFi box, which sits on the floor, it would be in the way)

1 Like

I’ve never seen that matter, but I’m not sure lol

1 Like

sulit

1 Like