Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

its not from lack of money its greed

the gov told them to increase it from… 10 to 20, i think

According to google the highest minimum wage is 17 and the lowest is still 7.25 as it has been for a while

1 Like

oh
i was misinformed
its $2.13 at the lowest (with tips) and $7.25 usually

1 Like

oh i know where i got that from
in California the wage for fast food workers was increased to $20 min

1 Like

Our min hourly wage is 2.85 euro or $3.09

its £6.40 if youre under 18 in britain
£11.40 if youre over 21

1 Like

I remember looking at a graph it was exponentially increasing. It started off as very tiny but it kept doubling every 7 years or so

i forgot what it was anywhere else

1 Like

It changes almost every year so its an odd information to have memorised unless the subject really interests you

technically speaking you have the. us beat
if the us didnt require 7.25 to be shelved out by the employer if the employee didnt make that in tips

3 Likes

does the minimum wager interest you
you knew my knowledge of the us’ was wrong

1 Like

We dont have a tipping culture so i doubt it unless a person generates less than roughly $8 a day in tips and is also paid the bare minimum

I googled it to verify your information because i was surprised that it doubled. Thats a huge increase and i thought it would be sensational news

1 Like

Ive heard that us citizens are de facto serfs is this true?

Meaning if they want to live abroad, and find a job abroad, they still need to pay taxes back to the US on top of their taxes towards their new country or else they lose their US citizenship

that lines up with my understanding of the situation

1 Like

I haven’t ever exactly read the tax laws on it but it is the case that you owe US income tax

2 Likes

Trump has been playing too much Crusader Kings 3

1 Like

actually those laws go back over a century

1 Like

This is unheard of in the european union, just in case this was an interesting cultural shock

1 Like