Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

MMOs are definitely a genre of games that exists

I love them, but getting into them can be a pain. Because the best content is the endgame, but if the opening levels and the path to the endgame isn’t clear, it’s very easy for people to bounce off the game if not playing with friends or cant appreciate the grind

God, real

I never actually got that deep into ffx-2 because I don’t like atb, but Paine is just very gender

1 Like

They only MMO-Ish game I play atm is Genshin

And the only reason is because I’ve been playing since day 1

I imagine getting into Genshin now is not fun (I have made 4 accs so I know leveling up is a pain)

Genshin isn’t even an MMO :sob:

Or even anywhere CLOSE

1 Like

The first like 10-20 hours of FF 16 were amazing. I have a problem now where as soon as the game lowers the rails and throws side quests at me that I have to do for levels, I just give up. I got to the final boss of FFXII (Switch) and did not finish. Same with FFXIII. Pretty sure the same with FFXV, but I also kinda hate everything about it. FFXVI I think I’m very close to the end, but I’m so checked out. FFVII Rebirth I’m also like at the end but under leveled for end game and it’s so hard to motivate myself to finish. So I decided to start Tales of Arise instead :wowee:

1 Like

It has raids (kinda)

It’s just gacha breath of the wild with a half-baked squad based overworld multiplayer stapled on

(Maybe also dungeons, I don’t do the multiplayer bits)

Unironically Genshin > BoTW

Fair

You’re coping so hard

1 Like

I bounced off of botw tbh

(And Genshin. But HSR grabbed me by my FUCKING SOUL)

I hate how character dependent HSR is

its fun if you’re willing to do nothing else for a month straight

1 Like

I do still return to Genshin sometimes to pull for pretty women

Sometimes even spend money for said pretty women

2 Likes

UMBRELLA warfare I guess

I simply just love turn based games with turn order manipulation

I can never play HSR or my wallet will never financially recover.

Real

I had to quit because I was spending too much money on pretty women. I was playing like it Pokemon.