Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

this is classified under NAR so i’d assume almost every game runs with this in mind
but the most important thing about a mafia game is that a lot of things are up to host interpretation

2 Likes

Right. So my current break down of a phase ending is:

• Action submission is no longer cancelled by death.
  • Things that say “at the end of the next [Phase]” happen.
  • Actions resolve.
  • Things that say “until the end of the next [Phase]” go away.

Minor issue is the “at ten end of the next [Phase]” also includes poison death so even though the heal goes off, it wouldn’t matter which is obviously stupid. So, this kinda tells me that action resolution necessarily has to happen before “at the end of the next [Phase]” stuff. Minor weirdness is theoretically an eliminated or poisoned investigation role would results since both die during “at the end of” step. So actually what might need to happen here is these things happen under the same umbrella and feedback happens last. Like

• Action ordering & conflict resolution
  • Resolution
  • Post-Resolution cleanup (e.g. vengeful happens here)
  • “at end of” happens here
  • Investigation results go out
  • “until end of” ends here
1 Like

yeah
the only reason its ruled that way in virtuous is because i don’t really want investigatives giving out their feeddback of the night they died in that setup
the good news is that Blasphemer (designated dead interaction) now has an ability to check what feedback they would have recieved, so it doesn’t matter anyways

1 Like

*nods*
A couple months ago, I was apparently not running NAR on my games, but rather LAR.
('Twas confusing times, and Paradox Hazard truly showed me… The insanity of action resolution.)

1 Like

what the hell is LAR

the good news is that action resolution does not matter 99% of the time
its just that its crucial in the 1%

1 Like

Intuition. I’m mostly trying to make sure I understand how most players think it should work so I can write my own formal rules that also make sure the intuitive thing happens for common/conventional interactions.

3 Likes

imo end of phase actions would take place right as the phase ended and therefore would not be subject to being cancelled by execution unless specifically stated
especially since the same logic could be applied to a nightkill

1 Like

ye
my intuition feels like it shouldn’t go through
but also see what i said above

Are scottish people civilized?

1 Like

ye
anything that is cancelled by execution (e.g. Avenge in virtuous) should say so on the card

fun fact
Avenge almost created an infinite scum leader problem because we forgot to put (shared) on the role

so the new scum leader would instantly get their use of Avenge back

(avenge lets the scum leader swap roles with a teammate)

debatable
they are completely incomprehensible even when speaking english

3 Likes

…hm? That’s… odd. I typically don’t use "until the end of next phase to begin with. Never had a role like “after you die, a random Mafia’s identity will be revealed at the end of the next phase” before. (Ooh~ Fun idea.)

IMO the sequence you have at the end of the post looks good.

1 Like

Terrible Mash. Can’t Day Vig Katze might as well not play

1 Like

had two beacons on me
rip bozo

2 Likes

Dunno. According to Rishi Sunak, Scottish nationalists are extremists, which would mean the 44.7% of the Scottish electorate that voted Yes in 2014, were complicit in enabling an extremist movement…
We can clearly conclude from this that at least 44.7% of Scottish people are extremists and therefore, unlikely to be civilized.

4 Likes

Read up a bit. Linear action resolution.
All actions proceed in sequences.
Using this AR, investigatives wouldn’t get feedback if they were to be killed.

1 Like