Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

baron wilmhelm whatshis face second or fourth or third of his name is actually a squirrel. this is canon now

1 Like

future historians will choose to interpret this as meaning possessed by a squirrel

1 Like

nah the barons are all humans

but if there’s a third kotc then there might be squirrel messengers instead of just birds

1 Like

fair enough!
there will not be a third kotc

1 Like

though there may, eventually, be a stellaris kotc

1 Like

this wouldn’t happen for a while but for a sci-fi kotc I’d probably release the cap on “number of regions” and limit each region to exactly 3 “representatives” (who need not be all played by different people, but ideally are).
i would also remove the king—other than as maybe a flavor-only figurehead, or more like a macguffin plot device.
i would also probably rework the mechanical win condition system. it would still be based around schemeing to attempt to get in power somehow, but idk how it’d work beyond that

1 Like

how, exactly, you choose these representatives from your nation/species flavor-wise would be entirley up to you. however, i’d recommend thinking about it first, because then you could do things like
"the authoritarian slavery alien nation sends the most powerful members of the aristocratic elite, bent around securing their own personal power. the democratic freedom-based society would elect representatives, who have varying goals based on their party of origin in their nation, ranging from “free every alien by conquering foreign threats and liberating their nations” to “leave us the fuck alone” to “actually I’m just corrupt”

im just laying my thoughts out incase i want to do this like, next year
normal medieval kotc’s storyline is over, though.

1 Like

ILLINOIS #1

1 Like

WE GOT TO THE TOP OF THE TRAIL LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

California is like 7% or something like that

Dont remember exact numbers

Income tax in Australia is about 45% for incomes above $190k per year

1 Like

the chart Eliza posted is just for state income tax, Americans also pay federal income tax as a separate usually-higher thing. (it’s still lower than 45% but less lower)

2 Likes

Yep

Our states are constitutionally not allowed to charge income tax

1 Like

Taxes are a scam by the government to build more guns

We dont need any more to protect ourselves

These guns are enough :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

you have two arms on… the same side

1 Like

this is a war crime wtf

1 Like