Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

alright
yeah

I don’t really like the millerizer for the same reasons that I don’t like the miller effect in push the button (the jackbox game)

3 Likes

probably better here but it’s just
not fun

especially in longform

3 Likes

push the button moment

what if the elimination only told you if there was any mafia or not

1 Like

not a specific number

1 Like

if you want to a different direction (or…even further) it is revealed if there are any masons in the elimination

2 Likes

Nerds

like uh
the main problem currently is that the deck is absurdly stacked in town’s favor:

• masons don’t have to play the self-preservation game since there’s no death elimination AND town gets an extra day after mafia guess all
  • town gets extremely accurate and useful information with ~3 clears at the start of the game
  • deathless lol

the millerizer helps with problem 2 but has the downside of being very annoying to play against

3 Likes

the setup manages to be a standard nightless in pretty much every way that matters but town has some crazy buffs to compensate for any disadvantage incurred by not having standard flips

3 Likes

probably the best change would be to make it so that masons conceptually have to try to stay hidden while staying village read

I think if you implemented both the uncertainty with mafia numbers on elimination and the ‘some degree of knowing masons in elim’ then it would be more fair but the bones you’re working off of are nightless (which is inherently townsided) but even more townsided

3 Likes

Aren’t the masons inherently trying to avoid town’s suspicions because that wastes the jails? Or is the argument that this isn’t enough pressure on them?

why is it not rescheduling for 5pm for some people

push it ahead referring to pushing it forward chronologically that means earlier on a schedule

what is push it back an hour supposed to be fore if pushing it ahead means an hour later

2 Likes

this is very minimal pressure
in fact it can help

2 wolves on wagons
you would prefer the third player to be a mason since they can just claim at some point

2 Likes

I also question what the benefit of the masons knowing each other is

You probably shouldn’t nerf town in every direction but they have the stacked deck

Hanging out and chilling (also in the original setup they have Roles which may be used as a group)

3 Likes

Also yeah masons being jailed isn’t too much of an issue because it helps narrow things down, nail in the coffin for wolves in the Loop game was getting a 3/4 where the fourth player jailed was a mason

1 Like

Removing the town bonus day is the like objective obvious solution to removing town’s advantage, it lets the masons claim for free, but I just think it kind of feels like complete garbage to lose unexpectedly

2 Likes

Wolves can never lose unexpectedly because they know what the jails are gonna be. Town could genuinely get sniped on N1 with no chance of counterplay and that just sucks ass

2 Likes

Losing BotC to an all-evil F3 hurts enough

2 Likes