Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

The latter, because their view is that crime gives more benefits than not committing crimes.

Exhibit A on the human heart is the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina 2005. There were looters everywhere after law and order broke down. It’s not a contradiction to support the right of human dignity and understanding, and to restrain the worst impulses of humanity with the rule of law.

I want to beat the God Delusion with pausing one of these days

I’m sitting here looking at wiki pages (as it’s already been spoiled for me by Ivy’s playthrough anyway) trying to figure out how the fuck I’m going to fight this thing

1 Like

Bullying those that are weak or different is a behavior all / most animals do; humans havent evolved past it; humans who partake in it are letting their animalistic instincts take control, is my take

2 Likes

it sucks our brains are this advanced lol bc if this truly is just the way of life. then damn. why do i gotta be conscious about it LMAOOOOO

2 Likes

I dont think theres a concept of evil from an omniscient cosmic point of view

So the worst example of the inherent wickedness of the human heart you can think of is people, most of whom have just lost everything, stealing things from corporations in the wake of the most severe natural disaster most of those people have seen in their entire lives? There was also a lot of the community coming together after Katrina that fell apart only after people started saying there was a lot of violence and bullshit going on that we now know there was literally no evidence of and it was just fear!

1 Like

Yeah evolution isnt always straightforward or even beneficial. We have a lot of things that are harmful for us (lazyness due to instinct to preserve energy if we are receiving sustenance), (constantly reliving traumatic experiences for the sake of trying to handle them better, animals do that too, even if it hurts us (humans))

1 Like

There’s a saying that civilisation is at most 3 days away from anarchy. Sure, it’s possible that I might have unknowingly exaggerated the scale of looting in the post Hurricane Katrina aftermath yet it’s not disputed that when one’s way of life is gone from a natural disaster for example, that crime which may or may not have been unthinkable is chosen for some.

Sure, but this also doesn’t go against what I was saying which is that they either felt bad about it or rationalized it somehow. They didn’t actually do it just to cause pain. Stealing a TV from a Best Buy or whatever is not okay, but it’s not wicked really either.

1 Like

Being jaded / pessimistic about humans ability to behave well (or anything else) is an adaptation mechanism whose purpose is to alleviate stress. If one has their hope up and gets disappointed they would feel bad and stressed. If one keeps their guard up and is skeptical they cant be caught off guard, thus evading the stress trigger

simon henriksson

1 Like

bottom text

2 Likes

call rabbits on the eye of sauron
bring agents with a lot of justice
pray to a suitable god

1 Like

you cant really make progress by constantly being on guard
some things might hurt more in the short term but you need to be hopeful for things to get better

2 Likes

obviously not the deluded one you have a
conflict of interest

1 Like

i will probably just find something else to do though

cuz i feel like yapping about stuff too much and its probably not a good idea to just keep thinking about it it is sorta souring my mood rn

yeah fair

play omega strikers with me :pleading_face:

1 Like

omega stikers bottom text

i would but im not very good with games like that i mite just play gd or terraria r smth