1 Like

But thats no fun…

1 Like

4 Likes

Stay safe my texan homies

4 Likes

My god

2 Likes

feels great to hit the acceptance stage on fandom discourse and being able to move on

3 Likes

Which fandom?

1 Like

dnd
specifically 5e for the 2024 handbook

2 Likes

I used to care way more than was reasonable

2 Likes

I’ve now hit

“whatever. I had to do most of the work as a dm before if I wanted to create a balanced experience and this isn’t changing anything.”

and

“thankfully I play other systems and know people who are willing to play other systems
so it’s not the ruthless cycle of wanting an experience that’s never happening”

3 Likes

My issues with the system as it is and likely are going to be are that:

• The DM is given very little guidance on making well-balanced and interesting encounters due to the CR system being poorly designed and most monster statblocks being beatsticks with no interesting tools. Having to spend several hours of research on making good encounters is dumb.
  • Lack of guidance on making out of encounter interactions interesting for your players. Modules show this weakness the best since a lot of them shrug when they should be giving ideas to work with.
  • Most martial classes fail at concept execution. It’s not just that they are underpowered relative to casters, but that you can’t really make your martial character do what you want in a lot of circumstances due to a limited as fuck toolkit (unless dm fiat saves you, but that’s dm fiat)
  • Aforementioned balance issues can cause friction in groups without good communication or a great understanding of the system since a well optimized [x] can invalidate the shit out of someone just picking what they want. This wouldn’t seem like an issue but it is in a lot of groups.
  • The system is written poorly. You won’t notice until you have to consult Jeremy Fucking Crawford’s advice for the 5th time in the same session.
2 Likes

This is system-wide stuff that I find isn’t super table dependent
I could go into a lot of particulars but 5e has a lot of problems

1 Like

Too real

1 Like

I could start bashing 3.5 but that’s low hanging fruit

1 Like

Yeah lol

Very nerd shit

Imagine knowing people who are willing to play at all

:clueless:

I heard the Monk changes look really promising, but I’ve spent very little time digging into the 2024 changes myself.

2 Likes