Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

they are
I find that they lack gas

1 Like

definitely got a little bit of child brain hype at reading through it though

1 Like

have they revealed a lot of the new handbook yet?

1 Like

they’ve revealed several classes and some spell changes
not much all things considered

2 Likes

https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts

this has everything except the new sorc

1 Like

i like the rogue changes, cunning strikes seem like a good way to add a bit of complexity to rogue. idk how useful they are but tehy remind me of battlemaster but in a more versatile way since its not really a resource youre expending

1 Like

I like cunning strike in concept
I think each rogue sub should add their own options to the feature

and I think the ‘damage as a resource cost’ is probably not correct to do in its current state since rogue’s damage was already pretty bad
I floated ‘it has a resource pool initially for cunning strike but once that pool runs out it can start taking from the sneak attack damage’

1 Like

i think itll probably end up being somethingn u dont do early on but as u level up and that 1d6 matters less u start using it to knock them prone and let otehr people do more damage, turning into a support role later on

1 Like

:nerd_face:

ok tootsie

2 Likes

I haven’t looked into how I would hypothetically play it in my mind yet but that seems pretty correct

2 Likes

This is how i imagine all of you

1 Like

I look at most of the changes to martials and I’m like ‘yeah this is great, but I think the class needs more gas’
They’re good changes and they help push closer towards concept execution but they aren’t there yet

1 Like

the only big miss so far has been fighter since weapon mastery isn’t particularly deep as a concept unfortunately

1 Like

i like the second wind changes from what i skimmed

1 Like

yeah it definitely feels better

1 Like

that’s interesting i dm a 5e game and i did give martials some buffs and I’m making my own creatures

3 Likes

Smol pathetic bionic can read??? Much less DM???

1 Like

bionic DMing is completely expected and idk how to articulate why

3 Likes

grrr >:(

1 Like