Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

But watching physical pain I usually don’t feel.

1 Like

Or like if somebody is clearly struggling on an exam in front of me… or if they’re having a bad time in Splatoon 3 for the Nintendo Switch… or if they clearly feel insecure about themselves. It’s emotional distress that’s contagious. I think it might just be that physical pain is pretty normal to me?

2 Likes

i dont care for stranger’s inconvenience, for someone close to me i’d help

i’d wince at all physical pain

i cant handle blood, i was very close to fainting a few days ago after i blew my nose and seeing some blood. every time ive had a wisdom tooth pulled out i fainted too after spitting the blood and seeing it

4 Likes

What if it was incomvieny painful

I love the trope that goes “women faint at the sight of blood”. Women… fainting… at the sight of blood. Women. Fainting. At the sight of blood. Hhmmm

3 Likes

if only they had a word for this
like a combination between the two

1 Like

Let’s think on that one for a little bit shall we

1 Like

masosade

1 Like

That’d probably be bad to watch. Like if someone was carrying something heavy and their back clearly hurt

1 Like

i havent heard of it before

from the biological side from what ive read its an overraction of your body trying to calm you down

3 Likes

my dad is the same id wager its entirely a physical thing not a mental / emotional thing

2 Likes

I faint frequently and it’s because of an overreaction to the stress response. Less body trying to calm you down and more body trying to prepare you to fight. And fucking up, at least in our case, because we can’t handle adrenaline

3 Likes

I also have the problem of “just because I have strong physical reactions to stress doesn’t eman I have strong emotional reactions”

3 Likes

sorry to hear that hug :hugs:

1 Like

it is kind of natural to assume your body will react negatively when seeing things that aren’t meant to be outside of someone’s body

3 Likes

i mean
seeing a little bit of blood doesn’t bother me tbthbthbthtbhtbhtbhtbthbthtb

2 Likes

exception against rule

There’s a not-insignificant reason that blood would be meant to be outside one’s body

2 Likes

i cant speak for all cases but specifically in the case of vasovagal syncope its a flaw to have it, its normal to be displeased at most but not faint

1 Like

I dont like blood getting drawn in particular. My blood is very thick so its hella hard for em to draw blood

2 Likes