Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

and of course reduction is the one where the electron count is in fact increased. because the charge is reduced. because ben franklin fucked things up this is why e&m is miserable

I literally never had issue with this. Number go down

I only talk to myself when Iā€™m telling myself to do something. Telling myself to do something aloud helps me do it if my brain motions are deciding not to translate to bodily movement on a given day

1 Like

every time i look at an e&m equation iā€™m confused until i remember that oh yeah flow of electrons is negative charge or whatever

ADHD is awesome. Sometimes you try to stand up out of your chair and it literally does not work. You can do any thing you would normally do to cause yourself to stand up out of your chair and genuinely nothing happens. It feels like being paralysed

1 Like

And if you say ā€œstand up out of your chairā€ in a firm voice thereā€™s like a 75% chance that works

2 Likes

faded chloe

4 Likes

see mathematicians donā€™t abide by this. they set their conventions and they donā€™t have a real world for those conventions to clash with. and if they turn out to be not nice they define new conventions that are nicer

1 Like

did you know that thermodynamically speaking our conception of temperature is actually completely fucked. and that thermodynamics work better if you think in terms of the reciprocal of temperature instead

whoever came up with hotter = higher temperature didnā€™t know the concept of absolute zero and didnā€™t realize how they were setting thermodynamics back. but the reciprocal of temperature actually better reflects the fact that you can approach very close to absolute zero but never actually reach it. and other benefits presumably i donā€™t actually know this shit

So absolute 0 would be infinity and 500 kelvin would be 1/500?

you canā€™t get infinitely hot either though right?

well yeah but there isnā€™t an actual theoretical limit in that direction outside of like. the realm of physical possibility

yeah but then you canā€™t hit 0 in that direction either

well yeah thatā€™s how reciprocals work

Thatā€™s still true in the reciprocal form, but now the limit at X = 0 is infinity rather than 0

come back when you have a finite number you can divide by to create zero

yeah but
doesnā€™t that mean we have the same problem of not being able to hit 0 in reality? just in the other direction

1 Like

anyway the actual concept is called thermodynamic beta if you wanna wiki it. but science wiki sucks as far as actually helping you to understand things goes so maybe also other sources

It doesnā€™t matter in the positive direction