Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

that’s how the chem people prank you. it’s cation as in the opposite of anion

1 Like

Fuck You

1 Like

many people have fallen victim to this

I don’t really have a voice in my head reading everything but there’s some semblance of visualisation of the sounds words make. It’s out-of-focus. There are sounds that this background voice can make that just don’t track when I think about them harder

nya ion

1 Like

i will deliberately pronounce it like californication to piss off people who like chem though

3 Likes

It’s like… you know hwen an AI text-to-speech gets fucked up and just starts floppily making random syllables. It’s like that

1 Like

do you ever whisper things quietly while talking in your head

Also note that I literally have no conception of “reading casually”. I am ~always reading at max speed. I can miss words, sentences, entire paragraphs when I’m reading if a millisecond scan deems them unimportant

Occasionally

1 Like

i only remember which of cations and anions are which because cat-ions have a paw-sitive charge. you literally have to be a catperson to know chemistry

1 Like

and this is the shit chem majors will tell you is basic because relatively speaking it is

I have started doing this recently and it would be. ideal to not :joy_cat:

I remember them because I feel Positively about cats and have Negative associations with the name Ann

1 Like

and of course the conception of anodes vs cathodes is just completely fucked because ben franklin defined positive charge wrong in the 1700s and we’ve never recovered

I fully talk to myself now and I’ve given up trying not to.

2 Likes

(not always, but frequently enough where I’ve noticed)

i’m too autistic to not say weird things to myself unprompted

Oxidation happens at the Anode because they both start with vowel. Reduction happens at the Cathode because they both start with a consonant

I have essentially infinitely many of these