Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

This is basically the default state of being for an average private/charter school

1 Like

The funny thing is you would, logically, expect this would mean they would blow public schools out of the water

and yet on average they just don’t

1 Like

Oh loook how many presidents went to our school oooooooh fuck offfffff

Who the fuck is Josiah Quincy III

2 Likes

TRUE

Well you see we had this little thing called slavery. There was a war about it and everything. Despite a lot of Americans saying we’ve definitely moved past it, a large contingent of Americans have not.

2 Likes

have you heard of the Quincy Market

I was told outright I would get into certain selective schools that I was really interested (one specific super competitive magnet school in the area I particularly rlly wanted to go to) but wasnt allowed cuz they werent catholic lol

1 Like

(hint: yes you have)

charter schools legally cannot charge tuition! if your local charter schools are trying to charge tuition you should report that, they are not allowed to do that!

1 Like

charter schools are free for the kids

doesn’t mean they aren’t net expensive

1 Like

I don’t actually hold much resentment about getting rejected by colleges but I hold SO much spite toward those schools that I applied to when I was 13. PERFECT TEST SCORES WHAT THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO BETTER

like that money comes from your state taxes and the outcome for the kids they serve is just

not better on average

1 Like

“extracirriculars” (how rich your parents were)

2 Likes

It would not actually even have been good to go there given private schools are harder to strongarm about disability shit. It’s not about going there. What Was I Supposed To Do

1 Like

Yeah

Don’t you have to control for things like average classroom size and dollars in funding per capita though? Like I believe your correct after controlling for things we know affect performance

the people in charge of putting nodes on my chest and then taking nodes off my chest were very nice actually

if I was ever a college admission officer im instantly rejecting anybody who “founded a non-profit” like shut the fuck up

4 Likes

to be clear the issue here isn’t that charter schools cost the individual taxpayer more than a public school

they don’t

however, the benefits of this tax money are inherently not as wide-reaching as a public school

1 Like