Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

I also dont hate my job, but my job is very dependent on my boss. If my boss is replaced with a pos, it can easily become hell

I am assuming it pays enough for your income?

Having “fuck you” money doesn’t fight depression or boredom. Which is all that motivates me

1 Like

Yeah.
I always say to my collegues, If I would hate work here, I wouldn’t work here.

Idk, distractions help fight both of those things

I mean yeah it’s like $600 a week which is plenty given my rent is only $430

2 Likes

Distractions can be anything, and money allows you to afford to have those distractions

Assuming you live in an apartment, is it nice there?

Yes but as long as you are paying rent, your landlord has power over you, they could jack your rates and fuck you over. But if you had “fuck you” money, then you just buy the apartment, and nobody can hold anything over you

I’ve just become reliant on in person relationships I think. Like theoretically there are a hundred different things I could do to outpace boredom on my off days. But even reading and running don’t hold the allure that they once did

1 Like

Very nice yeah

2 Likes

Good for you, number 1

2 Likes

I think section 8 laws shield me from this more than the average citizen

1 Like

I never understood the people who paid more than half of their salary on “just” living.

1 Like

In America, having a roof over your head is a luxuary, not a basic human right

2 Likes

…the apartment is 430 a month
they get paid 600 a week

3 Likes

I also have $125k in a trust that I never have to touch. So living semi paycheck-to-paycheck in my checking account doesn’t really bother me

2 Likes

Oh.
My bad.
That’s a way more normal ratio, I guess.

2 Likes

430 a month is like super super cheap tho. Tho my thought process is skewed since big city rent prices are nuts

1 Like

i thought they lived in a cardboard box

1 Like