Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

One thing I like is being in control, the more and more, the better and better I feel about my life and my circumstances. So having more money means I am free from any restraints on my future

It doesn’t matter how much money I have because I will always be mentally ill about spending it

im bored
hi hi hi hi

Oh I dont like spending money either, but I like having it, and investing it, and seeing the number get bigger and bigger

It just sounds like we have totally different factors which cause positive mental health outcomes for us. Which is cool

1 Like

That will be me for 10 hours today

1 Like

Yeah, I think you are right

1 Like

as in “inability to spend it because you have a crippling fear of giving out something you own to someone else”

1 Like

For me at least, its “what if I need it later for something more important”

1 Like

this reminds me of the 10 dollars i decided you owed me 4 hours ago

2 Likes

Spending money just often doesn’t register as something that is possible to me most of the time

1 Like

You don’t have to spend it. The thought that I could leave my job any moment without become penniless, if something happens is a good feeling on itself.

1 Like

I don’t conceive of it as something that has value I can exchange for other things. If I do spend money that registers as Incorrect. I’m not supposed to do that with money

1 Like

Exactly, its liberating, to a enormous degree

Having “fuck you” money is very very powerful, and power is great

“I may work for you, but im the one in control, not you”

Sorry, I am not giving it to you

2 Likes

and why is that!!

For someone like me who is much more reliant on my job for the mental health benefit than the money, being fired and quitting are both incomprehensible so the money is just kind of a side benefit

2 Likes

I don’t hate my job to think it as a “fuck you” money. It’s more a security line in case the worst happens.

1 Like