Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

it costs money to NOT use free tier?

1 Like

POOR!

1 Like

you canā€™t say the app is bad because it doesnā€™t work well if you donā€™t pay for it and then claim its predatory for trying to get you to pay

what

2 Likes

music licensing and streaming are NOT free lol

you have to listen to this if you havenā€™t already

like as an example of this I tried to listen to the music league playlist on my phone bc I didnt have access to my PC

IT LITERALLY JUST STARTED PLAYING RANDOM SONGS 3 SONGS IN AND I COULDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BC YOU CANT SELECT ANY MUSIC! THIS SHIT IS SO BAD!

1 Like

yes that is generally how not paying for a service works

you donā€™t get the service

1 Like

spotify free on mobile is highkey just a free sample

Bandcamp is better than spotify because it has paul baribeau

2 Likes

True

No itā€™s a disorder

1 Like

ltetl4o2_1cfbbw5_ndqski

2 Likes

My family has a weird family plan thing
So I just mooch off of that

i also mooch off my family plan but i wish my parents used youtube instead b/c it has more music that i like

1 Like

predatory is an exaggeration, yes, but the way they try to force the user to use their paid app is scummy

liscening and streaming isnt free, most places solve that with ads, which spotify also has (except half the ads are for spotify itself, for some reason)

mkaing your app practically unusable unless you pay for it is scummy, u can disagree if u want but Iā€™m not changing that belief bc it costs money to run a buisness
esp when like ALL of their competition doesnā€™t do that. They could just not do that. THey still do it because spotify is such a big name when it comes to music streaming that they can

1 Like

???

1 Like

I wish it were consistent tho
Because rn people get tricked

Okay maybe not wish

True

The only reason im in grad school is so i can keep getting student plans for spotify and youtube

2 Likes