Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

My ADHD ass would never be able to do that

Yeah, Iā€™m just ignoring the art part and will come back to that once the entire gameā€™s writing has been finalized first.

1 Like

I want it to all be hand-drawn for stylistic reasons

also itā€™s set at some vague point in the future (in my mind itā€™s about 150 years but Iā€™m intentionally keeping it vague so I donā€™t have to be perfect with some of my predictions-of-how-fast-things-happen)

2 Likes

See, the issue with using public domain stuff is that at some point, those appearances start influencing how you write the stuff, so you end up in a situation where the public domain stuff is inextricably intertwined and hard to remove without feeling like youā€™ve lost something to the game.

1 Like

that seems fine, just donā€™t remove it? I agree that that would be an issue for using it as, like, a stopgap

1 Like

my solution was to embrace being a novice. like PokƩmon did

1 Like

took me way too long to realize you didnā€™t mean graphic novel

My issue with using public domain stuff as the final product is that the ā€œvisualā€ part of visual novel becomesā€¦somewhat uninspired? Itā€™s hard for someone to connect with a story if it looks generic.
Though I suppose weā€™re putting the cart before the horse because I havenā€™t finished writing the story, so I will deal with that later.

1 Like

Like Pokemon does.

1 Like

no now PokƩmon uses PokƩmon as a base. the original spriters were fucked

2 Likes

itā€™s closer to graphic novel than most visual novel ideas, itā€™s not meant to be super interactive but also Iā€™m still kind of working that out because I know genuinely 0 coding stuff. But I think once I have the art+story/dialogue done entirely the rest will follow relatively easily

1 Like

Oh, the original game was really built with duct tape.

Are you using Renā€™Py?

no, itā€™s not in that style at all

1 Like

Oh. What engine are you using?

theres some really nice coding in pokemon rby however you can also tell they were STRUGGLING

1 Like

itā€™s notā€¦ itā€™s not quite ā€œVisual Novelā€ in the classic sense. hence why I said ~visual novel because I donā€™t really think it fits the classic mold of a visual novel but thereā€™s no other better word to describe my vision

2 Likes

Oh, I didnā€™t know they cleaned up the sprites during localization. The more you know.

tiny ass company says fuck it. lets make a massive rpg. They did not have the power nor experience the game took like 6 years

2 Likes