Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

That’s fair; I’m just curious what you’re using to make the game.

Well, it came out and proceeded to form the basis of the largest multimedia empire in the world, so, uh, it all works out in the end.

our standard red and blue was released as a second version in japan with all the bug and sprite fixes. similar to yellow

idt public domain necessarily implies generic? obviously depending on the images, but

2 Likes

Japanese Blastoise looks better imho

1 Like

not something I have figured out yet lol, a lot of my ideas and visions are outside of most classic engines, and I feel like I don’t currently have the motivation to figure out how to do that, but I do have the motivation to actually draw and write the story, and once I do that I will then have more motivation to figure that part out

2 Likes

I guess, I guess. Whatever the case, it’s not really a priority for me.

Venusaur on the other hand looks like Exeggcutor

2 Likes

yeah thats a fairly common opinion ive seen

one thing i heard in an interview is they attribute alot of pokemons success to playground talk on getting mew, which was possible through elaborate glitches that like. just somehow work perfectly? its why i love those games

1 Like

Fair

American Blastoise works because it’s what happened to Japanese Blastoise after it emigrated to the United States and began eating American food.

1 Like

there are some fantastic Japanese only sprites

1 Like

Angy.

HES SO ANNOYED
alot of the original sprites are weirdly like. bulbous. its a vibr they all share

2 Likes

i like how the shading for the porygon is like that. only it is like that and like yeah. computer generated. of course

3 Likes

Mist (Japanese: しろいきり White Mist) is a non-damaging Ice-type move introduced in Generation I.

Generation I

Mist protects the user from having its stats decreased by opponents’ status moves until the user switches out. Damaging moves that lower the target’s stats as a side effect, such as Acid or Psychic, can still decrease the Pokémon’s stats.

Mist does not remove any stat stage changes already in effect, and it does not prevent the user from lowering their own stats. The effect of Mist can be removed by Haze.

Mist will fail if it is already under effect. Mist does not stack with the effect of Guard Spec.

Generation II

Mist protects the user from having its stats decreased by opponents until the user switches out. It now also applies to damaging moves.

Haze can no longer remove the effect of Mist. The effect can be passed with Baton Pass.

Generation III onwards

Mist now creates a Mist effect on the user’s side of the field that lasts for five turns. All Pokémon on the user’s side of the field are protected while Mist is active, including Pokémon switched in after it was created. It is removed if a Pokémon on that side of the field is hit by Defog.

While Mist is in effect, other Pokémon (including allies) cannot lower the stats of Pokémon protected by Mist using either moves or Abilities (e.g. Intimidate). However, it does not prevent Pokémon lowering their own stats.

If powered up by an Icium Z into Z-Mist, the user regains all of its HP.

1 Like

get back to main benguined

2 Likes

who the fuck

1 Like

she thinks i’m posting bulbapedia articles :sob:

3 Likes