Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

There have been over 30 BOTFs where people can see their token and alignment. Next BOTF should be blind.

there have been over 100 mafia games where people knew their role and alignment. next mafia game should be blind

5 Likes

:wowee:

1 Like

Robert Fischer said which of these first chess moves is best by test?

A: d4 B: e4 C: c4 D: f4

11 Likes

this is too real pls delete ty

2 Likes

why do i relate to this on a visceral level

1 Like

the putnam making problem a1 free so i can’t even feel good about getting points

thinking about the school lessons that made a Big Impact on me (not ‘lessons where I still remember what I learned,’ that’s related but separate, I remember the dimensions of a badminton court but I don’t really care)

(also not ‘lessons that were practically useful,’ that’s the empty set it’s not the empty set but lots of things are Important but not Impactful per se)

(also also not ‘lessons that had the biggest effect on my life,’ that is admittedly what ‘impactful’ means but it’s not what I’m talking about. the overlap here is fairly large though)

anyways

1 Like

when I was in fourth grade, we had a project in art class that involved making a quilt together, and each of us individually hand-sewed a single square of the quilt

basically we each made a this:

and this took, like, several class periods, even though we were each making one square

and then, to assemble them, a parent volunteer came in with a sewing machine, and took each of us back one by one to work on using the sewing machine to put them together and attach the border

and like five minutes with the sewing machine accomplished more than multiple hours of sewing! it was incredible!

and then she gave a little speech to the class that was like “imagine being your ancestor and having to sew everything by hand and then the sewing machine gets invented. holy shit”

2 Likes

then in eleventh grade rhetoric we read (an adapted version of) the drowning child essay and I’ve never been the same,,,

(this message exists mainly to troll Benguin)

2 Likes

i read famine, affluence, and morality for freshman philosophy (college) and i’ve never felt a more self-righteous aura…

2 Likes

True

actually i forgot i was a sophomore when i took that class. whatever it was basically freshman level

2 Likes

6 Likes

tag yourself I’m “really annoying”

2 Likes

Impactful lessons for me?

Uhhhh

:wowee:

i had to read the bluest eye for ap lang and felt a lot of white guilt about it. that’s about it for impactful lessons

1 Like