Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

My plans are still ruined but for unrelated reasons

1 Like

In completely unrelated news kyo gave me the idea to host a Baldur’s Gate 3 UPick
The problem is that I don’t have enough ideas to make a comprehensive setup in that little time
Can someone who has boatloads of ideas help me :pleading_face:

1 Like

question for people who’ve taken English classes that were being taught as a foreign language (so like, not an Anglosphere language arts class, and not an ESL class in an Anglosphere country): did your teachers assign you an “English class name” based on names commonly used in countries where English is widely spoken natively? and (if yes) was it an Anglicized version of your name, or was it ~unrelated?

2 Likes

no, i really doubt this would happen anywhere in europe

thinking about an ESL or language arts class where you got assigned a name. you just get called joe for a year

2 Likes

This happens in foreign language classes in American schools!

3 Likes

what was your spanish name?

Maybe La May

1 Like

It didnt happen in ours

1 Like

Did you guys knew that Las Vegas means “The Meadows”?

Uhhhhh, THAT’S an easy way to remember it?

:heart_decoration:

1 Like

they give you english names for your foreign language classes?

1 Like

non-english names

Ils te dones noms anglaises pour tes courses des langues etrangers?

Surprisingly noms is actually a french word

Ils te donnent

being given other names sounds really silly. i dont see the point. if you do learn the language (point of the class) and u go to the country that speaks it its not like you will change your name. and people will call you by your own name. and you’ll call foreigners by their native names. its not like everyone becomes joe and mary when u go to the US. that sounds so weird

We have 2 vietnamese students at my school. They’re not exchange students.

We give them romanian names.

I wish I could interact with these 2 but I’m afraid to embarrass myself

1 Like

…like did the school decide to not call them by their own names? did they willingly adopt a romanian name?