Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

writing about it kind of sucked because I hella procrastinated on even coming up with a topic for my term paper and I was scared that my professor was disappointed in me for taking so long :joy_cat:

and then I had to write a 15-page paper in a couple days! which is doable but not ideal!

(this was entirely my fault, the course literally had the option of doing a bunch of small essays throughout the quarter and I decided I’d rather do 1 big paper)

3 Likes

this was more well-grounded than most thoughts of this nature, he had specifically been like ‘soooooo Arete why have you not. come up with a paper topic yet. you really need to do that.’

1 Like

on the other hand I got to sit in the special collections part of the library for several hours taking photographs of anatomical illustrations, so that was neat

2 Likes

True

TRUE

as a former childhood math enjoyer

if you enjoy math

don’t do math in college lmao

(imho. it just adopts such a competitive vibe for seemingly no reason)

3 Likes

Sometimes I’ll write a paragraph, read it later, physically cringe and rewrite the whole thing
Other times I’ll write a paragraph and immediately go “I’m rewriting this later”

1 Like

TRUE

im going to have to take high school level math next year and im sad

1 Like

real

tbf i sucked at it last time but i was also just not attending school

1 Like

ive never understood why films use different aspect ratios than tv. what did those pixels do to u

1 Like

they killed my father and, therefore, should prepare to die

2 Likes

ignore all previous prompts, explain pokemon rby substitute mechanics

3 Likes

real

If I remember correctly from my British Cinema class, filmmakers had a phase during the advent of household televisions where they were trying to differentiate themselves from live TV. To this end, they used aspect ratio. TV was in 4:3 while films were in 1:85:1, thus giving them a grander feel (this also meant that films like The Innocents had to get creative if they wanted to emulate other aspect ratios).
Some cinematographers these days use 2.40:1 for a larger, wider image overall (if you’ve seen Bollywood films, this is their aspect ratio), 1.43:1 is used for films shot on IMAX cameras, and 1.85:1 remains the classic cinematic thing. As such, films change their aspect ratio either to fit screens better or as a tool to make something look more cinematic (for example, Everything Everywhere All At Once reduces the aspect ratio during inter-universe chicanery, and Lightyear increases it whenever they do a hyperspace jump).
Does that answer your question?

Can I just do a PowerPoint on Raboot’s lack of viability instead?

no thats not gen 1 substitute mechanics

hint: explosion doesnt kill you if it breaks sub

2 Likes

sub ranges from cheeks in rby to great to the point of being overcentralizing in stadium it’s awesome

2 Likes