Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Lukewarm to hot take, but semi opens kinda suck because so many permutations are just bad setups, and rigging the roles is an attempt to solve that problem.

1 Like

Everyone else gets massages :frowning:

1 Like

semi opens work but only if you have your fucking third eye open and build with synergies in mind (to avoid making them busted)

1 Like

you also need limited power, role count, definitely factional you aren’t getting away without that anymore,

1 Like

My thesis is not that there aren’t good setups possible in semi-opens, it’s just that the quality variance is usually too high.

2 Likes

i will host this semi open

i need to rework ol reliable alternate universe tos ranked because it was getting close. it just handled neutral evil wrong

1 Like

what kind of animal should you be? we havent picked you one. i think u should be a cow

1 Like

cows are short tho

1 Like

What is it so I can judge you the setup

1 Like

alot of the issue with semi opens is they give TPs too much reliability. that and massclaim being mech optimal

1 Like

The classic conundrum of low power setups where every town PR has to be better than named VT

1 Like

its been like 3 years i will have to go find lil stories fever dream she had out of spite against the tos devs
i added a bunch of “tos but i cannot do x” gimmicks when making which turned out to he a fucking godsend
no original tos roles, no bastard, no tpow i do not deserve that mercy, no infinite tps

1 Like

like i did all of that out of spite to show you can jump through 1 billion hoops and make a better game but i ended up just like just fixing half of the game on accident

1 Like

oh and there are no (no) confirmable roles

1 Like

to be fair this conversation did start with me mentioning that Quizbowlcord hosts frequently rig both roles and alignments,

3 Likes

this has to an extent fallen out of favor (the last game was in all aspects of everything an outlier)

1 Like

Weebfia 3 was unusual in that it didn’t have any such rigging (despite one player being rigged to a specific town role)

i can guarantee you it was not weebfia 3. there have been like at least 8 at this point i’ve lost count

for reasons unknown to man and god by nose or ear is ticking like a clock at 80 bpm