Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

No. They remains plural even if its antecedent is singular. (There are times when singular they is used beyond someone’s pronouns.)

Edit: Conversely, the second person pronoun “you” is always singular even when it refers to a group of people.

2 Likes

there can be multiple sith lords but each lord can only have one disciple
it’s this really convoluted power scheme that literally resulted in their total collapse because their entire society was built upon the idea that a sith lord would raise their disciple (embody power) until they were usurped by them in return (covet power)

2 Likes

Meow nya purr Blue's Clues

Wow they still have Blue's Clues

literally jorjor wel’s Blue's Clues

1 Like

jorjor binks

you are now subscribed to star wars facts

Why would they just get a disciple to just be killed? Are they stupid?

Did you ever hear the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

The Watsonian explanation is having an apprentice that will kill them at the first opportunity forces them to continue to grow in power themselves in order to defend themselves, and as long as you remain more powerful than them, your apprentice is a useful tool to enhance your own power and influence.

The Doylist explanation is that in the Sith are the bad guys and their pursuit of power must be seen as corrupting and self-destructive.

I genuinely hate how Star Wars handles morality.

3 Likes

Collective nouns, such as the names of businesses or corporations, tend to grammatically trigger singular antecedents under American English while it’s more common to trigger plural verb agreement underneath the British English lexicon. I suppose if “Magnus” was a company, you could say “Magnus think” and have it be grammatically correct whether you think it reads nicely or not

1 Like

also you need to be funny

The jedi taught me that story

1 Like

frankly i do not know but the answer is yes they are stupid

it’s a reference to a specific copypasta that May likes to post

1 Like

hey beams.txt is iconic

1 Like

The most perturbing question for the Jedi is the question of violence. The Jedi’s initial reaction to violence is to try to convince the oppressed that violence is an incorrect tactic, that violence will not work, that violence never accomplishes anything. The Jedi uphold the Republic through violence and through violence they established the most powerful government in the galaxy. Through violence they maintain the most powerful government in the galaxy. It is absolutely absurd for one to say that violence never accomplishes anything.

Star Wars if it’s morals weren’t baby. That quote is not originally about Star Wars

4 Likes

this is like the entire point of the jedi i think

1 Like

The Jedi is about cool swords

1 Like

they’re big hypocrites where they preach peace but consider it okay for specifically them to be insanely violent

2 Likes