Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Scotland introduced a new hate speech law. This means you can’t be a meanie to me any longer @lilith.

4 Likes

Yeah you can no longer be mean to dumb face

5 Likes

The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 creates a new crime of “stirring up hatred” relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or being intersex.

I don’t think she’s mean to you about any of those things so I think it remains open season.

4 Likes

thank god i dont live in scotland

3 Likes

She bullies me via her speech and I hate it so it’s hate speech.

3 Likes

This sounds like a law that would have been passed at least 15 years ago

1 Like

Depending on what “stirring up hatred” means, this law might be unconstitutional in the US.

3 Likes

Which is probably a good thing, all told

1 Like

like yeah obviously hate speech being tacitly legal in most cases has obvious downsides of allowing people to, well, say hateful things

but the benefits of being extremely open with the definition of free speech are numerous and likely outweigh the downsides, especially when the law doesn’t protect your dumb ass from people reacting to the things you use your freedom of speech to actually say lol

4 Likes

Me when I insult a grandpa about their age and they strike back with a lawsuit

2 Likes

all they have to do is not be scottish anymore
then they can call you as many redacteds as they want

1 Like

I am choosing not to engage in this particular discussion so early in the morning and expect that we largely agree on the broader points. My caveat would be that I think stochastic terrorism should be illegal, but defining that is tricky and could easily be twisted to be used against the marginalized groups it was intended to protect if not drafted with extreme care.

4 Likes

:+1:

:wowee:

orange the conroy pfp is so not you lmfao i love it

4 Likes

wait I can fix this

Can we bring greyscale May back?

boom gottem

1 Like
Hello, what's the point of the cookie thread? I am confused on this matter. Is it a general chat?
2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like