Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

who up proving they randomness

2 Likes

during jutting watchtower (i think) i tried desperately to get someone to play osu but again. I had a shot

1 Like

Sort of. In the anime game I mentioned (BM4: Isekai) we had magical girl roles. The wolf was a ā€œdark magical girlā€ whose ability names and effects implied a story. We were like ā€œokay we have a team of magical girls, and in a fight or something, one of them gets separated from others and sheā€™s devastated by this. sheā€™s heartbroken and this is why sheā€™s a villain. the other magical girls didnā€™t mean to abandon her and thought she was dead.ā€ and we think of how this plot line could play out. In this case it was ā€œshe gets fully corrupted and becomes a monsterā€ or ā€œshe becomes redeemed and rejoins the squadā€.

Her abilities referenced her feelings of loss and resentment, and it eventually consuming her. When she fully succumbed, she gained a lot of power and was explicitly given a more monstrous name and form. However, the good magical girls had abilities that we implied could purify someone. If they happened to target the dark magical girl with a purifying ability, she would be reborn (this is a pseudo alignment swap where we bring in an uninformed player and give them the redeemed role or something). This is a particularly complex example, but we had a fantasy and a branching narrative arc told partially through flavor text, but you could piece the story together if youā€™re 1) familiar with the magical girl genre and tropes surrounding it 2) paying attention to the roles as they flip and the way the related roles reference each other. Again, this was super super high concept, but thatā€™s my favorite thing to make.

1 Like

bow check your venmo

2 Likes

I see

im hosting fam 5 htis year. we skipping 4. also im the only host and its not a mash its an invitational. and the invites cost 20 dollars. and the mvp gets 30 dollars

1 Like

fam4 is gonna feature magical girls im scared

i avoided primarily creative fields because of how cutthroat and felt like it was immature and foolish to pursue it. as iā€™ve grown, iā€™ve realized that likeā€¦ no specific jobs in game design are extremely appealing to me and intersects immensely with both my skillset and creative energy.

2 Likes

weā€™ve been working on it so much so it being like 2 months away. i had a dream last night where i talked about a role in cookie thread that didnā€™t actually exist, and ā€œleakedā€ something about it to make people pay attention to it and talk about it, the entire goal was to use the speculation to create a role. also we did something like that once, but we were less heavy-handed about seeding the discussion and correctly assumed it would happen organically in the pre-game discord. edit: by ā€œweā€ i mean my previous mash design team

2 Likes

PMFM did it better tbh

1 Like

i donā€™t know what this is

1 Like

letā€™s just say it had a mechanic I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen anywhere before or since that truly embodied the whole ā€œmagical girl hits the depths of despairā€ idea

1 Like

which mechanic? it getting an entire mafia forum shut down?

3 Likes

link?

1 Like

yeah

mid-game we permanently banned FM from the site and changed sites

2 Likes

truly a revolutionary idea, if I do say so myself

minFM killed oldFoL /j

1 Like

True

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/t/game-thread-sfm1-puella-magi-forum-mafia/371358

1 Like

my favorite part of that game is the IC arsonist getting mislunched while they were asleep

2 Likes