tyrone is up there too

2 Likes

oh i didn’t even notice it was an hour old message :skull:

1 Like

oh yeah tyrone was cool too

1 Like

thank you guys

3 Likes

like, rural areas stereotypically commonly contain ponds, someone who lives on a pond in a rural area isn’t necessarily stereotypically upper-middle-class

whereas someone who lives on a small lake in an urban or suburban area and is like “well I don’t really live on a lake-lake, it’s really just a pond” is UMC if not just regular rich

(obvious disclaimer that real life class dynamics are complicated and this post is mainly speaking to perceived/stereotypical dynamics and not making a specific claim about all people who live near ponds)

3 Likes

And truly is it not the most American thing to pretend to be richer than you are? That’s why everybody has to pretend it’s a lake and not a pond

Jenna’s childhood home (her parents recently moved) had 2 floors and a basement. It was 5 bedroom 4 bath. The basement was mostly finished and there was another bedroom and bath down there. And a pool table. And an arcade cabinet. And a pingpong table. And a sectional and a big flat screen TV with 2 smaller TVs above it so multiple sporting events could be watched at the same time (there was a similar setup on the ground floor living room). Oh yeah and the basement had a literal full ass wooden bar that was fully stocked. And a small home gym. There was a deck on the first floor (the basement was ground level in the back). There was a hot tub outside with a TV mounted by the window that you could turn so you could watch it from the hot tub. There was also an outdoor basketball court that had a net to convert it into a volleyball court. It wasn’t the neighborhoods, it was the just theirs.

Are they rich just because they have 2 stories and a basement???

I wish they hadn’t sold that place so bad though

1 Like

no no the most American thing is explaining how you’re really just an average member of the middle class while actually, like, being a corporate lawyer making $300k a year

1 Like

tutuu can u post the list i have a great list idea

1 Like

By the numbers I’m sure there’s a lot more people pretending to be rich than pretending to be poor

My grandmother was a member of a yacht club. She did not own a yacht. She never owned a yacht. She was never even close to being able to afford a yacht, she was in debt. But by god did she belong to that yacht club.

you can be in a yacht club without owning a yacht??

You can be in a yacht club without owning a yacht .You have to pay way too much for the food there but you get to go to trivia night

They don’t put the prices on the menu. That’s how you know it’s way too much

ma’am u just listed about 50 other reasons

3 Likes

Oh yeah and Jenna’s parents complain about the taxes they paid. They owned that house I described and 4 other properties at one point, and like 5 cars. They thought they were paying too much in taxes.

3 Likes

can u guys guess whats this for?

higher than d tier [pat bev gif]

1 Like

This is either going to be flattering or the complete opposite

1 Like