Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Australian! CEO of MannCo!

1 Like

Clover uses a gun to give the other monsters a chance!

1 Like

yeah but you also softlock most of the hard fights so. clearly starlo’s an agent of progression

1 Like

That’s impossible, he locks you into one area for twenty minutes. Clearly he just wants to have all the focus to avoid being redundant like Dalv but the narrative won’t let him.

Clover equips the gun and deals melee damage to Asgore.

I’m going to post the thing I told you, actually.

About Ferraris and Teslas?

all i’m saying is that if frisk/chara and clover just swapped geno final bosses they would solve each other’s problems much more efficiently

2 Likes

frisk/chara’s higher damage output oneshots the uty geno final boss. and sans is gonna have trouble trying to dodge a gun

1 Like

Undertale genocide routes are a story about the benefits of collaboration

2 Likes

@Magnus Asgore is better than sans

it’s almost like the monsters that were naturally countered by each fled

Sleep deprived Flawed Pacifist rant from two nights ago (spoilers)

UTY makes it rather clear that Clover couldn’t survive on the main path, and was redirected to the secondary path to have a chance of survival.
I don’t think that innately means Clover was on a “weaker” road, at least generally speaking?

Like, from what we saw of the Neutral route, NPC!Clover would’ve been compelled to beat the entire Underground in one try with no ability to improve, since Flowey controls the save files. We also know Toriel led Clover through the entire Ruins, and Toriel holds back in combat. So Clover effectively reached Snowdin with base equipment and no experience, on their functional first run. Of course they died a lot, and since their ability would never improve, surely Flowey would have to intervene? Like, a lot. This variant of Clover would be super weak, fighting Undyne or crossing Hotland, getting distracted by random missions since the Neutral fight shows they entered the True Lab somewhere.

But we also know this Clover reached New Home, which means Flowey must have helped a lot . Since Clover has no real options to improve during their run against major bosses, it sorta needs to be this way. Of course Clover died against Asgore; they aren’t necessarily weak, but they’re super inexperienced. It wouldn’t even really be possible to level up since Flowey would be kill stealing.

Compare the alternative path, where Clover has to explore the Dark Ruins and fight Dalv alone (comparatively easy challenges, but better than nothing), test against Martlet while she holds back, and get properly geared by the Feisty Five. Starlo would be a roadblock, but this new version of Clover would be far better prepared even if the player didn’t exist. Clover has defence against Axis, and Ceroba would be their penultimate challenge where their true potential and ultimate power is finally unlocked.

I feel like Clover would be stronger than ever, easier path or no.

admittedly having clover’s geno output be much worse is a good retroactive justification for why the uty geno bosses don’t show up in undertale (since they all have significantly less hp than undyne the undying)

1 Like

Of course. He’s the king and Sans is nobody special.

I’m still puzzled on how he can dodge BULLETS in that alt uni

That was fanmade, it wasn’t canon.

Yeah I know, since the alt uni

1 Like

Yakuza 2 was a good enough game for me

1 Like

asgore did canonically dodge (an admittedly young) undyne’s attacks. it’s established in canon that he has this capability. he just never uses it because something something he hates himself

1 Like