Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

is there hope and comfort in knowing that your work, your life, will one day culminate in liberation for all? all those who society has deemed unloveable, ungrievable? of course there is. but it is better to have been born into freedom than to recieve this wretched honour.

2 Likes

Indeed

take heart. all we need to do is live, and follow our hearts, and help each other. but that doesn’t mean anyone has to like it.

2 Likes

I will start by fighting for myself, and then I will fight for others

More “I want to live” lyrics here

The world would be tons of a better place if people would take their time to be understanding than jump into battlefronts

1 Like

i apologise if I’ve gotten somewhat political again. it’s a terrible habit of mine. and it’s not helped that the nature of my life is political on account of, uh, circumstances in this wretched country

1 Like

I wonder if this is really true. I wonder if it can truly be appreciated without living in its absence.

1 Like

of course it’s true. i don’t think that joy i felt when I first called myself a girl, a woman, would be absent if I lived in a world where saying that was a transgression against society’s will.

1 Like

do you need to have nearly died of frostbite to appreciate the pleasant warmth of a spring’s day?

1 Like

is there a satisfaction of breaking free of what constricts you? absolutely. but I don’t think the joy in the trans experience is from the rebellion, I think it’s more inherent than that.

1 Like

I should clarify that I did not mean it was better, but I think that being ones to witness liberation would joyous because you every new trans people brought into the world you can feel a joy that they will not face the same challenges the rest of us have.

1 Like

…If we are the ones to witness trans liberation. Stars, I hope we are.

1 Like

Indeed

Right. I’m more just saying that in a world we’re fighting for, being trans is mundane. Not that it would not be joyous, but it would relatively commonplace and noncontroversial that it passes without much fuss. I think there is something to be said about finding each other in all of this and that I hope we live to see the day where it’s less special in the ways that are related to its risks and being transgressive (in certain cultural contexts). Like, only we (those who know what it’s like to not be totally free of it) understand and appreciate for special it is.

3 Likes
tw death ig

I feel like the only thing that can stop me is violence that kills me or something
Assuming no government violence (which is a very large assumption but one I have to make), this basically just means that someone hateful enough buys a gun (and is allowed to because America moment) and then uh. Yeah
Which is really unlikely, but I also feel like every day that I spend in Utah and other such places the odds increase significantly, especially when compared to actually usually friendly places
The fear won’t stop me, though. All it does is prompt me to get the fuck out and then continue

1 Like

I guess you could say the “get the fuck out” is the current goal anyways but

i suppose. I still think that a distinctively trans culture would exist, for trans people by trans people, because I’m hardly an assimilationist, but… that does sound nice

1 Like

truthfully, what really got me thinking about all this about legacies and cultures was a piece of commentary on the British commentary at the Olympics. it wsa the end of the women’s modern decathlon and the commentators were exhorting how this woman’s victory proves that anyone can do this, anyone can have this glory, and it was a message to all girls everywhere that you coulld have this

and all I could say was “…but I can’t.”

1 Like

maybe it’s arrogant of me to want to be the trasngender heroine that I was denied the chance to see. but on some level… I want that.

1 Like