Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

to be someone who can help you come out to yourself should be something societally celebrated, and yet, obviously, the image of “person who helps you come out as trans to yourself” is very much a scary trans woman inducing you into it by force. and that’s awful!

1 Like

hi ici

hi. I’m thinking about traditions, and history, and how my people have been isolated from our own traditions by centuries of hatred

3 Likes

sometimes it feels like every single generation of trans women is forced to rediscover the whole thing from first principles. like the world cannot countenance the thought of us building upon ourselves and passing on legacies

3 Likes

I think I can feel what ici is saying

2 Likes

Am I cut off from the last fond pride of meanest shipwrecked captains? Oh, lonely death on lonely life! Oh, now I feel my topmost greatness lies in my topmost grief. Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death!

Alot of things are like that. Generations of culture and love and celebration of the self eradicated systematically. for a very, very long time. Language and religion and divergence squashed like a bug, by those in charge but worst of all by common people who believe its neccesary for survival or safety, not done out of hate but out of a sick and twisted hope for something better than resembles fear more than anything. Preserving ones value was more important than ones sense of self

3 Likes

Sink all hearses and coffins to one common pool! And since neither of them can be mine, then let me live, beneath the stars and above the seas. Thus, I maintain my grip upon the spear.

but yeah, I mean… I wonder, sometimes? When will the first geneation of trans women allowed to have substantive legacies in this world come? The first not to be subject to the blackening lacuna at the nadir of our society? Will it be ours?

1 Like

How poetic

it’s just me twisting the best part of the final speech of Moby Dick to be hopeful, that’s all.

1 Like

read moby dick or, the whale by herman melville. i’m uncertain of May’s precise activities but i imagine they’ve probably posted about their Thing for Dream of the Red Chamber here? Moby Dick is my equivilant

1 Like

i wonder

2 Likes

Yea

On the flip side, we’ve been around for all of recorded history. There is power in knowing that nothing anyone has ever done has gotten rid of us. There is no fight going on right now that we will not eventually win because time is on our side. We are capable of finding ourselves from first principles, and we will do so again and again and forever if we must.

1 Like

mhm. absolutely. I’ve seen sisters buried between pages. We’ve always existed, and we’ve always found ourselves again.

1 Like

i like origami

3 Likes

i never would’ve guessed that, woagh

2 Likes

I think she’s lying

1 Like

i think it’s mostly that I wonder what the first generation of trans women to emerge under the light of our liberation will be like? it’s hopeful, absurdly so! they’re going to be so happy, going to places that we never could. living lives even better than our joyous and truthful lives.

but why couldn’t that have just been me?

3 Likes