Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

you really are the type of mf to watch an inspiring movie and say “how would this affect the economy”

1 Like

I mean it kind of is but it also isn’t. Like you have to understand how incredibly absurdly rich these people are. Their lives are so fake before this. Unbelievably fake. Baoyu can’t recognise a 1-tael coin, he doesn’t know which one it is. That’s like over an ounce of silver. That’s like $35 worth of silver today, and he cannot recognise the coin

1 Like

There’s a certain melancholy to it but I don’t feel the same intense “ow” I would get at, like, the Turning Red scene you describe. Because I also get that really intense “ow” when people create really big practical/financial problems in fiction and it’s just brushed off like that

1 Like

I couldn’t hear jokes about having to shovel out the road by hand as a kid. It upset me too much. Thinking about all that work. It’s the same with movies with big problems like that. Where “oh it’s fine because everybody is happy”. There’s this really big problem. It’s not a happy ending there’s this really big problem… and it’s not acknowledged like “oh this is bittersweet” the movie just treats it like everything is resolved… but the problem

1 Like

But Dream of the Red Chamber is like. It’s different. Because they are unimaginably wealthy. Their maids are way, way richer than the average person. They spend years’ and years’ of a farmer’s wage on one dinner. I feel like I know the value of a tael of silver better than Baoyu does because the book is really good at hammering home the unimaginable scale of their wealth. It all feels so fictional

2 Likes

Which is the point. The good parts are so so fictional. They’re exactly the kind of pretty I would daydream about as a kid. Honestly a lot of the book has young May aesthetics to it. Lots of flowers… lots of flowers and poetry and such. I’ve always been big on flowers

2 Likes

is that why you picked your blaseball team or was it just masachussets

I would’ve taken a just Boston team and I would’ve taken a just Flowers team, it was like a perfect May overlap

There’s a reason my name is like doubly associated with flowers. April showers May flowers etc, and also hawthorn blossoms. Half my wardrobe is florals. Basically the only thing I can draw is flowers. They’re just kind of my thing…

what if there was a boston team and a different flowers team

I knew you were going to ask this and I was doing mental calculations in my head beforehand. It depends on exactly what hte Boston team and the Flowers team were. Like if it was Boston thing I kinda like, versus Flowers place I don’t associate myself with at all, then I’d take thing I kinda like. And vice versa. It’d probably take me a little while to decide

New York Flowers vs Boston Mechanics I take New York Flowers. Alaska Flowers versus Boston Cranberries I take Boston Cranberries y’know

Boise Flowers vs Boston DMV Employees

1 Like

Boston DMV Employees, I have family near Boise but I don’t like them

I had dining hall ice cream and it tasted REALLY bad. Couldn’t eat very much at all and I basically ate what I did in the name of not being terribly wasteful. I think this might be a sign of nutritional improvements because I used to be unable to not eat it. Probably because I was sufficiently malnourished that I badly needed the sugar

1 Like

Alternatively it’s signs of nutritional steps backward and I’ve trained myself out of getting hungry enough to want it. Unclear?

ALTERNATIVELY I just have a lot of candy in my room (true) which I eat enough of that I no longer want the ice cream specifically (potentially true?)

I used to not eat enough, like, protein, and the thing about not eating enough protein is that it doesn’t super make you want protein, what it makes you want is sugar, because something something insufficient long-term energy means you need to keep eating quick energy and making yourself sick eating 5 marshmallows at 3AM. I uesd to eat 5 marshmallows at 3AM like every night. Very bad to do. Don’t do this to yourself

It’s incredible how much your live improves when you simply eat enough food

2 Likes

It’s incredible how much your FRUIT FLY INFESTATION DOESN’T IMPROVE GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE ASSHOLES

2 Likes