Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I heard that if you find buried treasure, it’s likely not cursed.

1 Like

i think misinformation (not vagueness, but literal wrong information) in a game explicitly built around it can work, but in general it does not work out that well. announced godfathers/millers/etc. even in an otherwise closed setup are just better in terms of experience and gameplay quality. even then I’ve found it’s pretty common that players just sort of believe things even when there’s evidence they should not

3 Likes

You have very strong opinions on Anime Mafia for someone who didn’t even look at the game until it ended.

Nya

i think anyone who looked at that game would have strong opinions about it

anime mafia was a thing but there were certainly uh things that were more Things

Me at everybody I see when I go online

I would be lying if I said I don’t.

:worried:

–also, the roles I had in mind are less vague and more… “troublesome”. I guess I can make it in my free time.

2 Likes

yea

in my games i either explicitly say “THERE IS AT LEAST 1 GODFATHER IN THE GAME. THERE IS NO GURANTEE OF INVESTIGATIVES”
or i explicitly say “no godfathers”

closed ones anyways

1 Like

some hosts explicitly say “THERE IS AT LEAST 1 GODFATHER IN THIS GAME”, some hosts say “all kills are strongman and ninja.” difference in culture

7 Likes

real

Ya’ll missed the timeline where May and company used that ability to frame me as having forgotten to tell town about an anticlaim.

2 Likes

IT WAS GONNA BE SO FUNNY

1 Like

My TEAMMATES were LAMERS who were like ohhh that’s underpowered

1 Like

ambiguity in the result of investigation roles is generally desirable, but it can be pretty difficult to thread the needle at times. it’s really hard to find a band of results that sit between a green/red check and totally useless. motion detector is a role i find frustrating because that band is so fucking narrow it might as well not exist. its utility is that it can eventually become a cop

3 Likes

People on D1 were like “oh there’s probably not anticlaim because Ash would’ve told us, it would suck for there to be hidden anticlaim” and I looked at the rule changing role and was like. What if we make it look like Ash went like “oh shit they will be mad” and added an announcement. Specifically I wanted to use it to frame the person who asked for flavourclaim. But my teammates are boooring

1 Like

in the last quizbowlcord game i was a mafia announcer and i was so so tempted to tell town to do evil and twisted and blatantly antitown things with the promise of some reward. or to just say “all kills are strongman and ninja.” but it would’ve left me without a fakeclaim so i just had to make up reads and shit. BORING

3 Likes

benguined (oops almost typed real name there) that game was too good for qbcord :pensive:

3 Likes

3 of the best townies got got on night 1, i only thought i was gonna get one of them!

1 Like