Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

i go for the most liked

3 Likes

new gender affirming surgery just dropped

2 Likes

VIRTUOUS COMING IN A LITTLE BIT BE AWARE

^the unseen

1 Like

Thanks for the warning, time to delete my account.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in a FM where misinformation is in abundance, and players (mainly Town) have weak abilities that can uncover the truth?

1 Like

you just love lying to players huh

2 Likes

This is my bread and butter as a GM.
Absolutely.

2 Likes

i’d love that. would not actually play it b/c retired
but

i also love it when info roles get extremely vague information that can be interpreted several ways, but is still powerful (a la botc. botc’'s roles are hadr to copy because host bias but things like General and Ella’s Astronomer are so based and i want to try to include more of that in FM; all we really have rn is mech oracles and even then that’s a bit weird)

2 Likes

misinformation often abounds in ash’s games, and this usually takes the form of violating the implicit assumption that both teams have an equivalent chance of winning

5 Likes

I’m remembering how exciting it was when Memekingpizza claimed their role in Paradox Hazard, and we realized the true nature of action resolution.
Genuinely so fun.

1 Like

It’s not that I’m actively disregarding balance; it’s that misinformation has a tendency to cause wild fluctuation in game balance that require host intervention to control.
The only reason BotC gets away with misinformation as well as it does is because the host chooses the info.

sometimes the misinformation comes from the implicit assumption that healers and visit-based investigators could possibly have any effect on the gamestate

I would say it primarily gets away with it because the role list is open.

2 Likes

Like in Lizards despite the host choosing info untraceable poison is generally considered very undesirable

sometimes the misinformation is from the implicit assumption that there wouldn’t be 3 kills per night in a 14 player game

always subverting your expectations, that ash

That’s not misinformation we all SAW the dead people

1 Like