Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

OH balled and not “bawled”. I thought you typo’d lol

2 Likes

oh no lmao im fuckingf ballin over here

1 Like

SCOUT!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! IM FUCKING BALLING OVER HERE!!!
[image of ms pauline playing basketball]

1 Like

3 Likes

Meow

1 Like

I’m going to bite you

1 Like

I will chomp you

1 Like

an acquaintance of mine had class today. Somebody asks the professor whether a particular theorem is proven. He responds “when somebody tells you something, like say [squeaky voice] ‘I love you’, that may or may not be true. It may be an attempt at manipulation, or the result of the influence of drugs. But a theorem, that’s proven. You know that’s true.”

this isnt funny enough for cookie thread but i will post it here

7 Likes

lmao

I bet may would find this funny

4 Likes

ngl i kind of want this unironically

because itd scare the shit out of my cats when they knead my stomach

1 Like

THREAT TO CATS DETECTED. BOMB DEPLOYED

2 Likes

Clowns

Did you find the original atlas ancefote funny

2 Likes

No it’s not very funny. I don’t think it was good enough to post in cookie thread to be quite honest

4 Likes

I’ve posted way worse on cookie thread

2 Likes

it’s not like we will shame you for an unfunny post (we do that on a private group message without you)

2 Likes

I didn’t know you were in that one

2 Likes

Pretty sure Chomps is in the other one.
Easy to get confused, though.

1 Like

See I think stories about something funny a professor said in class are an oversaturated genre often reliant on, just, like, a subversion of professionalism that’s not nearly as unexpected in a story as it is in a class. When you’re in the class it’s surprising, but when somebody’s starting a story with “well my professor in class said” then you know the exact tone of the anecdote already 100%, and this one’s no exception, so it’s not htat funny.

The funny part of it is that it was in response to an extremely obvious question (“is this theorem proven”, which is a poorly-formed question, “proven” is part of the definition of “theorem”), but that’s not something that’s immediately obvious, so for the majority of readers this story would come across as boring and trite, and would be more suited to a more personal conversation with somebody who would definitely get the joke than a general cookie thread.

1 Like