Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Okay so you have analyzation apps and you also need to delegate.

“CPU on computer unit #623 is turning into a fire hazard, CPU temperature is way over limit, may I have an engineer to check it up?”

Yeah somtehing like that

1 Like

If you are happy with it, I am happy too!

this makes it seem so much cooler than it actually is lol. it’s more like “the stupid 40G NIC is failing again in one of the stupid hypervisors in the US region of [product all of us despise]. we need to get the clients migrated to other hypervisors, and get a replacement scheduled. please let us have the right parts in inventory already so this doesn’t go on for too long”

3 Likes

Hypervisors… I’m assuming they’re used to host the sites online?

Had to use one for a private server of a MMORPG.

1 Like

they’re physical machines that host virtual machines.

3 Likes

Whoops yeah I know that entire process, I was wondering of the end purpose in mind

What is your company about? Is it selling products?

It’s a web hosting and data center company so our products are like rack space in a data center, leased hardware for bare metal servers (also managed in our data centers), some cloud offerings, some managed services offerings, etc.

2 Likes

Cloud offering s is also me when I’m worshipping the nymphs?

1 Like

Sounds clamplicated!

1 Like

Not the concept but I feel upkeeping them could maybe be a headache

1 Like

yeah it does indeed become complicated at times lol

One mistake —> important client pulling off

one time a big client of ours flew in and took a bunch of the support technicians that had helped him out to dinner and he paid for everything including the alcohol. it was an interesting experience lol

2 Likes

How polite,

Also didn’t know they can just barge in and take technicians.

1 Like

this is how we end up in trouble :+1:

1 Like

Management was aware, and I was SHOCKED they allowed us to do it.

1 Like

yea

i need to put another 1000 hours into an SCP RP server i think

1 Like