Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

i would rather have a chosen family than even a family that has healed but still caused these experiences
if i can have both then it might be ok. but i can’t see myself healing with them around and able, even if they have replaced their behaviors with positive ones after a while.

and may i repeat that this all may change over time

1 Like

i should mention that my sister is probably okay. and my brother and his wife are probably okay. its my parents that are the real problem, the only times my siblings wouldn’t be ok is if they do things because of my parents or because i cut them [my parents] off or something

1 Like

they’re still very mormon and its kinda hard to be around them but like, i can stay in touch

1 Like

im gay

Is this something mormon

the opposite actually

How would reality be if it wasn’t

well for that to happen then the entire right-wing and shit would have to give up oppressing the gays. and when they do that the dominos would start to fall on other oppressions

so. much better

or the church would have to be suddenly left-wing but that’s way less likely

not left-wing
they would suddenly have to stop caring about the things the right cares about

and it would have to also be a part of the culture and

yeah it’s a lot of shit

it kinda fucks with my mind that so many parents arent

i’ve never talked to my parents about gender stuff and i really don’t intend to unless i find a label im happy with (my current “i dont really care” is like, fine with me, but doesn’t seem worth bringing up to my parents)

they’ve never had any issues with my sexuality and it’s kind of a mindfuck to imagine raising a child for two decades just to be angry at them for having sexual preferences or for having gender dysphoria

i know a lot of it generally comes down to religion – i’ve never really practiced any form of religion in my entire life and my family has never forced me to, which when i was younger i felt like a bit of an outcast because all of these kids would talk about church and religion and i was like “uhhhh hi im katze” – but having grown up im generally pretty grateful about this although i wouldn’t be surprised if it had a few negative effects on me (i can think of one thats likely but doesn’t seem like a good topic for cookie)

why does religion forbid people from being cishet so fucking strongly though jeez

5 Likes

Me waiting for right-wingers to reach enlightment like how a better part of Europe managed to do so a long time ago

2 Likes

yeah

real

im gonna change the subject now

1 Like

Okay for the rest, the european right-wingers need to ditch xenophobia for full enlightment

1 Like

the largest religion in the world does not
it’s people using it as an excuse

2 Likes

my mass communications class has a podcast assignment we were talking about today in which we create a podcast with very little limitations (it has to be about media and mass communications, slightly)

catholics? or…