Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I’m going to take a nap and suceed

2 Likes

I believe in you

1 Like

thanks

You jinxed me. If I can’t suceed I’m blaming you

by the way almost just named a character the same name as an american football player

I think i might become a Satanist. Not a theist version where they believe in the occult and worship a deity but the modern contemporary version where they use that label as an act of rebellion against arbitrary authority

Here are their seven tenets:

o One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

o The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

o One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

o The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.

o Beliefs should conform to one’s best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one’s beliefs.

o People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one’s best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

o Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

4 Likes

bro i was walking past a bunch of posters at my university detailing previous events by the college of humanities and i look at the one from 2022 and they have two keynotes speakers who were MINISTERS OF THE SATANIC TEMPLE

2 Likes

its SO fucking funny that this happened in utah

3 Likes

Dragon energy. I respect it

2 Likes

yea

2 Likes

Is there a point to branding oneself with the label instead of just agreeing with the principles? Typically such titles are used as shorthands to denominate your positions, yet the fact you felt the need to elaborate anyhow sorta demonstrates the contrary.

2 Likes

can’t believe eimm won’t be seeing amon-ra st brown

3 Likes

John added St. to Brown because he thought it would look cooler on the back of his boys’ jerseys

favorite bit of amon ra st brown lore

1 Like

The point of the label is an act of rebellion against dogma / authority. You dont have to use it. I elaborated because it wouldnt be clear otherwise. This isnt commonly heard of. The first thing that youd think when you hear a satanist is a person believing in the supernatural

2 Likes

I think using the label could be a way to weed out people you know you wont get along with

A similar example is online places - discord servers, sites - continuing to use rainbow flag colored logos even when its not pride month. What happens is then is youll have people coming in and asking “hey, when will this get changed back to normal?” So now you managed to weed out people who arent particularly comfortable about gay ideas, before speaking to them

Similarly if i go around saying “i am a satanist” and if anyone has particularly uncomfortable reaction, i would preemptively know we are unlikely to get along with as we likely share a very different outlook

2 Likes

Hey when will Blue's Clues be changed back to normal

2 Likes

When the year Blue's Clues ends

1 Like

Nap failed I’m going to get ice cream then blankets from Walmart

And a pillow

I had ice cream social ice cream today it was not very good but it was food