Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

doesnt exist.

1 Like

babylon is completely unrelated

1 Like

i think it was a real nation but when you see it in the bible a lot of the time it’s basically just “the devil” and “very sinful ways”

1 Like

im glad all that knowledge finally came in handy for proving tutuu wrong

2 Likes

is there a more noble cause

2 Likes

if its derived from Babylon but isn’t mentioned in the actual story then it’s probably a thing added afterwards to basically make it say “tower of sin”

1 Like

41.43%.
3 Likes

goes hard

4 Likes

people who are gay…

1 Like

Yeah i noticed. Thats why i thought id make you try. not that you did actually try but, worth a shot

1 Like

Im surprised that I googled so much but my conclusion is that sources differ. About half claim the tower of babel was built in babylon, a city in babylonia. About half claim they were different concepts. A lot of posts agreed that there are two different schools of thought depending on if theyre taking the old testament word for word or if theyre allowing interpretion to account for linguistics and translations

1 Like

this tends to be the case for old lore

1 Like

I didnt try? I wasnt good enough? :pleading_face:

when the book that says “follow everything in it literally” is interpreted in different ways

2 Likes

Who misinterpreted the topic sentence as intensifying language meaning to figuratively abide by the instructions?

2 Likes

Oh yeah there we go

Etemenanki (Sumerian: 𒂍𒋼𒀭𒆠, romanized: É.TEMEN.AN.KI , lit. ‘Temple of the Foundation of Heaven and Earth’) was a ziggurat dedicated to the Mesopotamian god Marduk in the ancient city of Babylon. It now exists only in ruins, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) south of Baghdad, Iraq. Many scholars have identified Etemenanki as a likely inspiration for the biblical story of the Tower of Babel.[1][2]

I believe that there was an inspiration there, and after that - it depends on a persons beliefs / interpretations to decide what to believe

while the relation seems obvious this connection would require babylon be destroyed twice

2 Likes

I dont understand?

once when language was split apart to destroy their unity and again when babylon was struck down for sin

2 Likes

Admirer can now allow all of a player’s kills to be Strongman and Ninja

5 Likes