Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

like I do play NA servers on league at consistent 120ms and it’s not bad. there’s no rubber banding or anything.

but in omega strikers there’s rubber banding and massive delay. I’ll run the game and see what it was like

1 Like

the issue is OS as a game is extremely sensitive to ping

it’s not that the ping is worse, it’s that it matters a lot more in this game than for most other games

1 Like

yeah lol

yes but even valorant doesn’t have that issue and that’s a 1st person shooter

1 Like

rubber banding? that’s super unusual in general

the high ping can lead to things happening with weird timing because it’s basically impossible for your client to predict what will happen next for anything that isn’t exactly the core going straight without being hit, but if you’re getting actual rubber banding that isn’t normal

and I’ve played a lot of cross-server games, especially before launch

1 Like

fwiw omega strikers was good enough of a game to convince me to buy a cosmetic (nurse estelle) which im not sure is even exclusive

another thing they fucked up on was exclusivity. why were we allowed to buy beta emotes??

2 Likes

i played on east coast american servers on scpsl (which notoriously has very bad optimization) with upwards of 30 people at a time and it ran fine at 90-130

1 Like

drekar detective my beloved

not somebody complaining about game devs not using FOMO :skull:

2 Likes

here is my mtg deck brew (for the format penny dreadful)

Summary

this is the land base. its a mono white with a smidget of green. the first land is a better evolving wilds. im not running any non-basic lands because of this card:

Summary

and my deck being slow

Summary

i have this for a permanent source of card draw, my options are very limited. this is pay 2 to have a 50% chance to draw a card

Summary

this is my source of life gain

Summary

this is my removal

Summary

this is my stun / floodgates

Summary

this is the wincon, the worse mill card

Summary

and this is the more powerful mill card. however it also mills me. to compensate, and the entire reason i splashed 1 pip of green is for

Summary

whenever this gets milled it shuffles my library into my graveyard

1 Like

would’ve retained more beta players and felt like they got rewarded for participating in the massive data collection they voluntarily gave to the devs

1 Like

i… dunno what any of this means!

4 Likes

I for one have zero issues with the game devs relying on making a fun game instead of trying to psychologically manipulate their players

2 Likes

dead by daylight did it with legacy cosmetics. the cosmetics you got in 2016 for leveling to lvl 50 when it took like hundreds of hours are still locked away and haven’t been released since

1 Like

speak bulgarian i might understand what you are saying better

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s psychologically manipulating to give out emotes exclusive to beta players and then not sell them again!!

1 Like

Мариса е тъпа кучка

1 Like

there’s a few things like that

I believe nurse estelle is actually one of them lol

I know for a fact the clown juno emote is

as is the alpha everlasting flame emote

but in general I would much rather devs not try to basically blackmail players and if the game does worse for it that sucks a lot but that’s so much better than extortion

1 Like

Remember that time we all doxed tutuu for mosquito nets?

3 Likes

yea