Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

Me when I run two rooms and a boom longform and in the most shocking move ever it sucks lategame

1 Like

True

Or you’re bakdurs gage 3

i should host rokugan fm 2

1 Like

Anyway on the topic of a public dayvigi, unless a king has some kinda vote Immunity mechanic that I didn’t read in my short skim (I gave up once I got to the roles), I think it could make sense to make it be a gladiator/executioner at that point. It removes a bit of agency from the player and imo ironically making it be literally voted on shoooould slightly reduce it just being a second day kill.

I’m not completely sure if that’s a good idea tho or if it even works with the game’s format lol

2 Likes

In general, when played optimally, all public actions are ~generally just consensus targets except in cases where a player takes the reigns, for better or worse.

ITAs are like the perfect example of this.

1 Like

There’s already a gladiator

ok but what if you had two anyway

2 Likes

Fair

Yeah on the flipside there’s something magical about masochistically playing something like that ultra competitively lol

1 Like

practically, king has the most nuance when it’s a useful tool for both sides but not worth a kill / clear

the ideal form of it is where roles that self-clear are much worse at using its benefits
but that’s probably hard to achieve

1 Like

Yeah lol

Me when even in something like virtuous killpower is still the strongest action in the game

I am TOO lazy to figure out how to make the ideal king work

1 Like

you can probably make ‘king passives’ for classes which confer benefits upon becoming king
and give the king passives to classes that don’t traditionally make good king targets

so something like mystic just loses their role upon becoming king but fuckin uhh knight gets a glock

1 Like

Yeah that’s way too much work

correct

1 Like

At this rate we should keep starting king and just fuck someone over. Their fate is to be the least important slot in the game

(/j)

And of course it’ll be jarek