oh if we’re talking rolemadness then I got nothing haha

1 Like

Simply design a new closed setup every time

wait so if the converter dies early are they just Fucked or

1 Like

No they inherit cta and conversion instead

But they keep their role

Conversion isn’t multitaskable but cta is

I generally have found that you’re going to consistently have some of those and have to sacrifice others
I think you can definitely brute force excitement design but you need to know your playerlist in advance

1 Like

Indeed

something like clown fiesta mafia vs clown fiesta mafia 2 shows how important your playerlist is
the second game was better in a lot of respects but a lot of choices didn’t gel with the playerlist so it was significantly less exciting and more frustrating instead

Virtuous turbo flashbacks

also lord of the rings fm
very beloved game
probably not that good in retrospect

1 Like

In general, if a game is short and not really emotionally taxing, the allowance for variability goes up.

Like One Night Werewolf is a game where you can win off of skill or deductive reasoning, but at the same time you can lose games for literally no reason because of pure happenstance. But it’s fine cause each game is like 8 minutes tops.

Also, ya know, encouraging players to keep the vibe of being okay with losing cause of stupid shit and all that.

3 Likes

I can’t believe we actually did it tbh

I probably should have explicitly been responding to this lol

Very valid way to design games, esp ones that are going to be inherently inconsistent like a fol-like cult setup :monkey:

2 Likes

Also true

Two rooms and a boom moment

1 Like

Yeah, those sorts of party games are good examples of that.

1 Like

do not make ‘D&D but Mafia’
It will Not work unless you rolled the lottery on playerlist

1 Like