Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

when it comes to computers-in-particular video does have some real advantages (mostly in terms of seeing things running, how any RGB elements look, how the fans sound, etc.) but like it wouldn’t need to be that to be what I’d recommend here :man_shrugging:

at this point it just feels like ur off on some random tangent malding about video and I’m not sure why lol

2 Likes

oh yeah i figured but im just kinda soapboxing about me slowly turning into a boomer when it comes to technology

what does an electrical engineer look for in a laptop that an otherwise moderately tech savvy consumer wouldn’t?

2 Likes

checks out lel

1 Like

my point was the tech savviness part

wirecutter’s target audience is way broader

1 Like

oh also the workloads involved are essentially what jarrod’s tech specializes in (by virtue of focusing largely on gaming laptops)

anyways ima go but in general I think we’ve probably landed on the best approach here (wait and see before buying) so I’m happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im a systems engineer and i use wirecutter. the friend who recommended it to me is also a systems engineer. like what sort of thing would i get out of a jarrod’s tech video? this is a genuine question and im curious what you like so much about it

1 Like

this is theoretically part of the reason it’s considered Better to take notes by hand – you can’t possibly write down everything the teacher says, so you have to synthesize and summarize, which is better for retention (the ‘better for retention’ part is afaik well-established, the specific mechanism less so, probably some of it is just ‘if you’re taking notes by hand you cannot start browsing the internet’)

3 Likes

eh

the engineering & architechture has the worst gender balanced majors of anywhere at my school

most of them crazy stuff like 15% of women in some various type of engineering. And it is home to the worst ratio of any major…

Interior design, at a bit under 3% male :wowee:

2 Likes

women

dude those gay guys on TikTok know what’s up with the interior design shit tho

3 Likes

Almost homophobia posted

3 Likes

idk if anyone else knows who im talking about

I see their videos all the time

1 Like

My legs don’t enjoy being used for walking. They don’t approve

1 Like

im a big note by writing person, and i have like the worst handwriting known to man. i also type way faster than i write, but the whole point of writing is to make sure you keep up with what the professor is saying while still going slower than what they’re saying, you learn to synthesize and connect information and keep only the important bits. writing itself also improves memory bc its a more phsyical action compared to typing

1 Like

typical FOL mod

3 Likes

Thinking about it. Was also misogyny posting, even maybe more than the homophobia

eh

I’m gonna play Ruina