Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

When in doubt I would basically suggest not overspending when moving off to college for the first time

Take things simple, get adjusted, and then expand where you need to

1 Like

that’s 100% my strat rn lmao

1 Like

ew

you’re a laptop stickers person?

-rep

im a sticker goblin

i love em

I get em everywhere i go

and I hoard them because they’re too precious to put on anything that’s not worthy

3 Likes

very nice

btw

u

should

bike

what I did my freshman year worked out p well and I might recommend it (started the school year without a bike, got adjusted to everything, then after deciding yes I did still want one on campus I brought it and never looked back)

2 Likes

I never went to Purdue specifically but I can’t imagine there’s any reason it wouldn’t be just as good of an idea to do there as it was at michigan

1 Like

im bringing my bike and a skateboard

2 Likes

Purdues campus is really good for bikes

but it’s also suuuper easy to just walk everywhere if I want lol

1 Like

please invest in a good u-lock for said bike

also if you need to keep it outside buy a bike bag to keep the rain and especially snow off of it

1 Like

idk wirecutter tends to give me pretty much everything i’m looking for. i used to use it way more often, but the quality of the site overall declined a bit after the NYT buyout. Like the quality of the review articles themselves seem to be more or less the same, but overall the site has gotten worse in a few areas. Even if I don’t find exactly what I’m looking for, I tend to have a much better idea of how to find the thing I am and learn new things I should be caring about that I didn’t realize I was before. And I can easily send it to someone else, like an older relative, and tell them to buy something from the page that’s in their price range after reading the article myself and again that’s just a way better experience than it would with a YT video

1 Like

I will :rofl:

Purdue students put untethered bikes into trees

ur an engi major yah? get some massive RGB keyboard 100db fan hunk of metal, is worth for cad

5 Likes

honestly biking just makes getting around so much easier

have two classes back to back on the opposite sides of campus? no problem

wanna head to a farther dining hall for dinner because the food they’re serving is more appealing? easy

out late and the busses have all shut down and just wanna get home quick and fall asleep? trivial

1 Like

people with epilepsy when they walk into my ENGR 13100 class:

5 Likes

I don’t dislike Wirecutter

I just don’t think it even approaches Jarrod’s Tech when it comes to what an electrical engineering student would be interested in analyzing when trying to pick out a laptop

Would I send Jarrod’s Tech to my grandma if she wanted to find a laptop? No. But for sulit that’s definitely the best resource.

1 Like

Just gonna own up to being an enormous fucking dweeb, but I found a site with high quality guides on lacing shoes. It has an index of various methods, and diagrams you can flip and adjust the number of eyelets being laced. It’s just perfect. Why the fuck would I ever want a video over something like that

1 Like

im ngl the fact it’s video content literally does not factor into me recommending Jarrod’s Tech here whatsoever

if it was written I would still recommend it

if it was a podcast (weird but aight) I’d still recommend it

me when I picked the major with the smallest percentage of women in my entire college

3 Likes

I’ve seen this site. I forget why it was relevant but we were talking about it. And all my friends did the pentagram lace on their shoes but I couldn’t because I had no suitable shoes :’(

1 Like