Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I always thought that 20th century pro-death penalty was strange. In a christian context that I’m sure was really predominant (especially during D&D and Pokemon religious panic), isn’t it very sinful to take the life of somebody?

How much can you last until october

2 Likes

I remember Nixon wanted to implement something similar to UBI (called Family Assistance Plan), but it didn’t pass

my very christian school was anti-death penalty. Was basically the only thing I agreed with them on needing to be banned

1 Like

definitely depends on the denomination

1 Like

nixon also started the EPA. he actually had some good policy moments here and there that were totally eclipsed by him being a massive crook

1 Like

for his first ever political race (california house seat) he randomly phoned people to ask whether they knew his opponent was a communist. his opponent, of course, was not actually a communist, since it was the late 40s and communism was not particularly politically viable. nixon, of course, knew this, and even admitted to having known this later in life. he just didn’t care

3 Likes

My face when the crook actually wants to pass good legislation

1 Like

Was he phoning random ordinary people?

2 Likes

welcome to politics

2 Likes

REALLY?

1 Like

in the 1948 election all the polls had dewey defeating truman. of course, the polls were conducted in ways that resulted predominantly in responses from the well to do, who naturally are gonna lean one way compared to the rest of the country. dewey did actually do well for most of election night, but truman took most of the west and ultimately won the election. there’s a famous picture of truman holding up a newspaper that prematurely declared that dewey defeated him.

3 Likes

i feel like phoning random ppl in the 40s is like phoning a pool of the richest ppl nowadays, because i doubt many working class people had phones then

I’m still shocked that there’s actual recordings (phonautograph) and images (around year 1800) in the early 19th century

1 Like

he legit didn’t know it existed a few months ago

2 Likes

what’s wrong with boys

aren’t boy cats more affectionate

Bad company corrupts good morals indeed.

Short answer is no. The long answer is it’s allowed by the State to take a life in response to redrum.

Day 1 of trying to brute force @lilith’s password

5 Likes