Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I just looked up estimates on what it would take to remelt Mars’ core and it’s honestly so fucking funny. We’d have to either find a way to throw billions, billions of asteroids at it (more than there are in our solar system) or fling one of Jupiter’s moons at it, destroying them both, and waiting around millions and millions of years for the debris to coalesce into a planet. We could also build a shield station out in space to block solar wind and radiation, but I think the scale of such a thing is also way the fuck out of our reach.

1 Like

Also because Mars has no atmosphere, there are huge temperature swings from day to day and nothing to slow down asteroids. Again there’s no magnetosphere and the radiation from the sun would kill us. We always think of space colonies being these big glass domes, but practically speaking they may need be more like bunkers with thick walls and very few windows that’ll be tiny. It just seems like it’d suck so much shit to live there. It’s best left as fiction.

2 Likes

Wasnt venus colonizable too

tutuu

1 Like

Yeah

you can go and colonize venus if you want. i’m not gonna stop you. just note that you’re not gonna survive

5 Likes

Im built different

2 Likes

I’ve found so many memeable quotes from this anime

2 Likes

You guys are scared of venus coz ur american and u cant handle the heat. Temperature on earth reaches 100F and u start crying “waaah waaah im scared this is dangerous turn on the AC waaah waaah”

2 Likes

Just learned what mewing is.
What the heck?

4 Likes

Why are u both 19 and 40 at the same time

1 Like

its a false practice for men to try to become what they think is more traditionally attractive

people say these things a lot

2 Likes

Aliens who’s biological fear responses are wired to cats be like:

2 Likes

stealing may’s footage like an evil person who does mean things

may got cooked at library of ruina

they hit the reverse scale during pu lao

1 Like

another god quote

guy hiding in fat armor doing nothing

what show is that

No Longer Allowed In Another World

Plot summary

An adventure in another world with cute girls by your side and video game-like powers—sounds like an anime fan’s dream, right? Not so for melancholic author Osamu Dazai, who would quite literally prefer to drop dead. Video games haven’t even been invented yet when he gets yanked into another world in 1948. Really, all the fantastical adventure he keeps running into is just getting in the way of his poetic dream of finding the perfect place to die. But no matter how much he risks his hide, everything seems to keep turning out okay. Follow a miserable hero like no other in this cheerfully bleak isekai comedy!

it’s weird, there’s only four episodes but you can see a turning point in the anime by the fourth episode, it felt weird early on when the protagonist isn’t the one driving the plot

i’ll check it out

1 Like