Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

yey

lost round 3 0-2

priest of fell rites was a big mistake he’s useless :sob:. a couple of main deck wraths would have been nice

2 Likes

paint chain reveal in 10 minutes

yeah i mean you slowed your deck down a lot and made it less explosive. you’ve reduced the consistency of the combo so you’re going to have nothing going on more which leads you to fall behind

3 Likes

the deck is gamba. there was a game where i milled 6 or 8 cards with an artifact and they were neither creature nor vehicle

1 Like

lmao L

2 Likes

i just milled 2 lively dirges :man_facepalming:

milled the 3rd one

yeah which is why cards like corpse churn are really powerful pieces because they’re both mill and recursion. lively dirge is really slow, but a more powerful version with the entomb mode. you may have added more mill, but it requires you play it out at sorcery speed, and mesmeric orb takes a full turn cycle to mill anything and it can require 2 untaps to be better than a single corpse churn at milling and it doesn’t have recursion built-in. it’s so powerful being able to threaten to pick up greasefang at your opponent’s end of turn while holding up extra mana to pay for no more lies for example or you can cast a second copy at 4 mana to beat a counterspell and leave your opponent tapped out. or you can hold up an instant speed removal spell and churn if they don’t play anything you want to kill. idk your changes didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

2 Likes

if only you had 3 more sources of non-creature recursion

1 Like

i had greasefang on field. milling lively dirge is bad because it tutors a vehicle in the grave. its difficult to get a vehicle in the grave

lmao unlucky

1 Like

i needed more ways to get vehicles in grave

possibly more discards

and a 7th vehicle

WHY IS THIS ASSHOLE MAINDECKING SWORD OF LIGHT AND SHADOW

eh, 6 seems about right and you have 8 discard outlets

1 Like

get absolutely destroyed

2 Likes

How many vindicates are running main deck again?

1 Like

im running none. some people run 1-3 in main deck and 1-3 in sideboard

i won round 4 2-1

that was an INSANE comeback. my wifi died in the middle of the game. they’re shutting down our apartament complex wifi for some maintenance

i hooked up my laptop on my phone wifi. i came back and i won with 30 seconds left on the clock. i pulled insane top decks, the best possible draws i could have gotten

im 3-1 overall

i need 5-2 to guarantee making it to top 8. if i do 4-3 i have a chance

1 Like