Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

This is why we care a lot about being funny, i think. To distract away from the inner toxicity. Lighten up the mood

2 Likes

maybe. not certain its that deep, i think i just like being funny. something im good at and its fun for me and others, kinda just a net benefit to society.

2 Likes

Maybe its not that deep and connected, yeah

for me i think its a bit of a preparedness thing, like I subconsciously fear bad arguments happening and am kinda “going over the script” in my head so i’m not caught stumbling over words when they happen

2 Likes

Its possible to be an adaptation due to failing at arguments or being actually betrayed as a child. Even animals relive painful experiences as a self preservation mechanism

2 Likes

in the same vein what has helped me is assigning these arguments to OCs in my head to kinda divorce it from my own life while still doing it

3 Likes

yeah ive gotten into a couple of screaming matches i have come out worse for.

high school friend group split probably contributes a lot to this because I genuinely did get betrayed and in a few arguments with friends in public, that made me out to be the bad guy and socially isolate me. That and my dad he just cant stop himself from trying to provoke me with subtle verbal power plays lol

2 Likes

Hug :heart: fluffy marissa fluff fluff

3 Likes

honestly massive thanks for saying that it happens to u too, i never realized that’s something people did and its giving me a nice opportunity to self reflecg

2 Likes

Sweetheart :heart:

1 Like

I think this is true at least for me. Maybe not necessarily funny maybe just being nice. I do like being nice and making people feel good, on its own its a good feeling. But i also feel guilty at how poorly i can think of people in my head without it being their fault, and the way i cope with it is trying to make people feel as good as possible to make up for it, to redeem myself. Its my form of an apology, in a way

I used to associate this with bpd but marissa doesnt have it or at least she hasnt mentioned it. Its possible that im wrong that i have it. I dont know

you won’t know unless you truly get diagnosed

2 Likes

I definitely don’t think I show any signs of bpd, doesn’t mean we can’t have similar experiences even if you do, bpd doesn’t define literally every way someone operates

2 Likes

I wonder if meds can affect someone’s read accuracy in games
I know it does
I just wonder how

2 Likes

It would require me flying to another country but if i gain financial security to do things like that its one of the first things id do

1 Like

Im curious about autism too

1 Like

you won’t be able to know for a while then
take the problems you know for certain you have and try to cope with them, bpd is just a label

1 Like

Does your country not have like people who do that sort of stuff

1 Like

this also isn’t really my experience. Typically because if I don’t like someone in my head I typically express that in one way or another, unless it feels truly “intrusive” / not real. I try to treat other people well, but I don’t think it’s for any specific reason besides just wanting to.

I definitely am not as overtly nice or supportive as you though, no matter the underlying stuff it’s one of your best qualities imho.

2 Likes